"Commuter's town with a few secrets" Wijchen by Mique
Wijchen Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 52 photos
Ever wondered where Walt Disney got his inspiration for the castles in his fairy tales.. ?Then you've obviously never been to Wijchen
The strange part is that i've lived near Wijchen for quite a few years and i had completely forgotten about this castle. Luckily i have family living here so i could refresh my memory
Wijchen is mostly new and is considered a commuters town to Nijmegen. They're so close nowadays that you really need to watch carefuly otherwise you'll miss where the one ends and the other starts.
In general as is common with these kind of places it isn't the most attractive of places from a touristic point of view. But a great place when on holiday with kids or to live in with a family.
Recently the town has started to experiment with some more daring architecture. And this one i particularly liked
- Pros:Fantastic castle
- Cons:In general lot the greatest place
- In a nutshell:Come for the castle and then have a look around
Mique's Related Pages
Wijchen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wijchen Page"
- "Castle tour through "Gelderland Riverarea"."
- "Commuter's town with a few secrets"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wijchen
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Wijchen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wijchen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues