"The land of the 1.000.000 pagoda's." Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) by Mique
Myanmar (Burma) Travel Guide: 4,459 reviews and 13,520 photos
Since may 2007 i work in Yangon as a teacher at one of the international schools. I did have a break from that when I had our lovely baby (now 3,5 years old), but I only had a 1-month break for our baby daughter (july 2011). I must admit that a mix of western and burmese makes for lovely babies ;-). I do have tons of (useful) information but due to the fact that I do teach and have a busy household, I don't always make it my priority to keep the pages as updated and informative as I should. But ask away and I'll try to answer any questions you might have. That is, if I have a decently working connection which is often but not always the case.
It was high time to update this page so I finally transferred the Burma-road text to a travelogue. Now I have space to write other stuff here.
I've visited a decent part of this country and whenever we have the chance we do some more.
Many people ask me whether this is a safe country to visit. Most definitely! The biggest threat here is that someone cheats you when you change money. On the other hand, yesterday the police apparently clamped down on some money changers down town since they got a complaint about them cheating... So that won't happen any time soon again.
For single women this is an extremely safe country to travel in. I have had 'offers' but that is as far as it goes. Laugh it off and they will leave you alone.
Will update this page further when the internet connection is a bit faster again (it is getting on in the day which means the connections slow down considerably) c*
- Pros:A beautiful place to visit
- Cons:It is getting more and more touristy and very expensive at the moment
- In a nutshell:Bagan should be on the World Heritage List!
Ngwe Saung is a bit more upmarket and less lively than Chaung Tha. Most locals go to Chaung Tha and it is more crowded... more travel advice
Moulemein was one of those places that i really wanted to see for a long time but somehow we just never got around to... more travel advice
- See All Flights in and out of Burma
- See All Respect the monks
- See All Airport porters
- See All Crossing the border with China
- See All electronics
Mique's Related Pages
Myanmar (Burma) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The land of the 1.000.000 pagoda's."
- "Burma - Myanmar Land of amazing sights!"
- "Babushka Burma"
- "11 days in the Golden Land!"
- "Burma Page"
- "Brilliant Burma"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Myanmar (Burma)
- Hotels in Myanmar (Burma)
- Transportation in Myanmar (Burma)
- Nightlife in Myanmar (Burma)
- Restaurants in Myanmar (Burma)
- Shopping in Myanmar (Burma)
- Warnings and Dangers in Myanmar (Burma)
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Myanmar (Burma)
- 100 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 647 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Myanmar (Burma)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Myanmar (Burma)
Photos in Myanmar (Burma)See All Photos (104)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues