"The land of the 1.000.000 pagoda's." Top 5 Page for this destination Burma by Mique

Burma Travel Guide: 3,825 reviews and 10,460 photos

Since may 2007 i work in Yangon as a teacher at one of the international schools. I did have a break from that when I had our lovely baby (now 3,5 years old), but I only had a 1-month break for our baby daughter (july 2011). I must admit that a mix of western and burmese makes for lovely babies ;-). I do have tons of (useful) information but due to the fact that I do teach and have a busy household, I don't always make it my priority to keep the pages as updated and informative as I should. But ask away and I'll try to answer any questions you might have. That is, if I have a decently working connection which is often but not always the case.

It was high time to update this page so I finally transferred the Burma-road text to a travelogue. Now I have space to write other stuff here.

I've visited a decent part of this country and whenever we have the chance we do some more.

Many people ask me whether this is a safe country to visit. Most definitely! The biggest threat here is that someone cheats you when you change money. On the other hand, yesterday the police apparently clamped down on some money changers down town since they got a complaint about them cheating... So that won't happen any time soon again.

For single women this is an extremely safe country to travel in. I have had 'offers' but that is as far as it goes. Laugh it off and they will leave you alone.

Will update this page further when the internet connection is a bit faster again (it is getting on in the day which means the connections slow down considerably) c*

• Pros:A beautiful place to visit
  • Cons:It is getting more and more touristy and very expensive at the moment
  • In a nutshell:Bagan should be on the World Heritage List!
  • Intro Updated Aug 3, 2012

• kidfree's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Loved reading your Burma pages Sandra. They are a massive help in planning my trip for next March, thanks

• fleurann's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Thank you for your informative Burma pages...we will be travelling there in January 2011, look forward to seeing the sights and meeting the locals...Stay well and happy...

• cafank's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Love your Burma pages Sandra, I'll be there for a week in August, can't wait to see the country. Cheryl

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2009 at 3:21 AM

beautiful Burna!!

• blueganda's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 12:17 AM

Thanks Mique for informing me tru this, about burma/ I just heard about this country many times but i never yet know what kind of country it is, and peole there. hope you will be my friend. have a blessed day(: mildred

• ATLC's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Zomaar effe: groetjes en knuffeltje voor Xenne! :-)

• ChristinaNest's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2009 at 4:33 AM

I really hope to visit this amazing country one day! Thank you for sharing! Cute baby, and cute Stinker by the way;)

• halikowski's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2009 at 1:50 PM

Pagan/Bagan, the central Burmese is the`city of four million pagodas’ -- you claim the country is of one million pagodas. Do the numbers change whosoever one asks in Burma?

• bapak's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2008 at 7:52 AM

GreatPages with 100 of good informations. Thank you.

• Jan 29, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Some 5 star local custom tips!!! A great read!!!!

Mique Used To Live Here!

Mique

“Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde (thanks Luna!)”

Badges & Stats in Burma