"One super terrific day!" Top 5 Page for this destination St Albans by Mique
St Albans Travel Guide: 190 reviews and 492 photos
I had been in St. Albans before and seen already a bit of the place. But the friend i was staying with had to work anyway and since she worked in St. Albans i thought it might be a good idea to explore the place properly. She was actually worried that i would be bored too soon. i told her that i could always find my way to another place if St. Albans turned out to be just interesting for the morning. I would meet her for lunch anyway and after that i?d see.
It turned out to be a truly awesome day. And i haven?t been bored a single minute. Actually, since i haven?t seen all i have to make my way back to St. Albans. I got so held up along the way i missed quite a few interesting bits and pieces...
As is often the case when something is close by you forget how interesting a place can be. And this is so much the case for St. Albans. I was looking for the Hypercaust (roman floor heating system) and asked several people in the park. Non of them knew even what i was looking for...
Saint Albans is a very interesting mix between the more medieval town on the top of the hill, the very interesting church, abbey AND catherdral in one on the hill slope and the roman remains in the Verulamium Park at the bottom of the hill.
- Pros:More interesting things to see that one can imagine in such a small town
- In a nutshell:A highly overlooked place not too far from London
The museum isn't very big but it is a very interesting one. They have some very excellent and superbly preserved... more travel advice
This is an old roman floor heating system covered by a mosiac floor. And it can be visited. Unless you come like I did... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
St Albans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A great deal of history."
- "St Albans - Roman Verulamium"
- "One super terrific day!"
- "St Albans - an Historic City"
- "I've finally laid my hat"
- "St. Albans"
- "St Albans"
- See All...
- Things to Do in St Albans
- Hotels in St Albans
- Transportation in St Albans
- Nightlife in St Albans
- Restaurants in St Albans
- Shopping in St Albans
- Warnings and Dangers in St Albans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in St Albans
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to St Albans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in St Albans
- Posted in Travel Myanmar (Burma) Forum "Re: First trip to Myanmar"
- Wrote a Review The Verulamium Museum about Verulamium Museum in St Albans Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Verulamium Museum"
- updated a St Albans Travel Page "One super terrific day!"
- Commented on one of coceng's St Albans travel pages
Photos in St AlbansSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues