"It was ' home' for a few months" Top 5 Page for this destination Romania by Mique
Romania Travel Guide: 6,814 reviews and 22,090 photos
I stayed in Oradea for the winter months but when spring came around i needed to be on the road again. And again it was amasing. Of course traveling by public transport can be quite challenging at times but on the other hand, it is easy to meet people and see a lot of the countryside. I'm just glad i was not in a hurry and don't get upset easily by unfriendly staff at train- and busstations. And i've learned my lesson and ask always if the train goes to where i want to go just before boarding....
So far i've loved visiting this country. I've travelled a bit around before ending up in Oradea for the winter. Although i haven't seen half of the country i have a nice impression. I was very lucky with the weather. In the 5 weeks i travelled around there were just a few days with cloudy skies and even less with rain. Overall it was warm and a beautiful sunshine. Which made traveling through Romania even nicer.
I've seen beautiful landscapes. I especially liked the mountains in their autumn dress. And i've seen many impressive medieval cities, off the beaten path places and met incredible people along the way.
And now in spring time i've wandered through the streets of Bucarest, dipped my feet in the danube delta to push our boat afloat again, visited a salt mine and finally made it to Peles and Pelisor in Sinaia. Still haven't seen all of this beautiful country but i've scratched the surface
On the picture you can see me and the 2 people that made my bus ride of 30 hours bearable when i came from the Netherlands to Romania..... And they translated everything i needed to know. I was the only non-romanian on that bus (even the drivers were romanian).
- Pros:Very beautiful country with very friendly people
- Cons:Sometimes the garbage everywhere takes away the beauty
- In a nutshell:It is a bit off the beaten path, but so very worth visiting
in many small villages this is a very normal sight. Dirt roads, people that carry all sorts of things on a horse and... more travel advice
This city is one of the few places i really really didn't like at all. I'd planned to stay a few days but i left after a... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Romania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Romania, a country of history, art, and humanity"
- "It was ' home' for a few months"
- "Romania, Eastern Jewel"
- "Ce faci, Romania?"
- "Welcome to my homecountry"
- "Walking in the Carpathian Mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Romania
- Hotels in Romania
- Transportation in Romania
- Nightlife in Romania
- Restaurants in Romania
- Shopping in Romania
- Warnings and Dangers in Romania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Romania
- 165 Reviews
- 312 Photos
- 71 Forum posts
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (62)
Have you been to Romania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Romania
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues