"It doesn't get any more dutch than this" Top 5 Page for this destination Zaanse Schans by Mique
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 640 photos
Roy (Imaniac) convinced Brandon (Europebn) and me to come accompany him to the Zaanse Schans for his 'exploring the Netherlands' quest...
I hadn't been here in many many years and i must say.. i had a very enjoyable day.
You'll be hard pressed to find a more Dutch place in the whole of the Netherlands. Most of the buildings here originally stood somewhere else and have been transported to this site when the buildings could no longer resist the growing expansions of the places they belonged to
So it is basically feels like a whole open air museum with people living in it.
At the Zaanse Schans you'll also have a Clogs (work)shop and museum. And they have some real astonishing clogs. I think i took at least half of my Zaanse Schans pictures here...
- Pros:Much fun to spend a day here
- Cons:Very touristy place
- In a nutshell:A must do even if it means you're with 1000 others
Here you can see some amazing clogs. And from all over the world. Old ones, new ones. Clogs for a wedding. Clogs for a... more travel advice
At the end of the 17th century there must have been 600 mills working in this area. In total there have been over 1000... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Zaanse Schans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Zaanse Schans"
- "It doesn't get any more dutch than this"
- ""A MUST SEE NEAR AMSTERDAM""
- "What a place for a VT meeting !!"
- "ZAANSE SCHANS"
- "Open air museum the Zaanse Schans"
- "Back to the 80's - The 1880's"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zaanse Schans
- Transportation in Zaanse Schans
- Restaurants in Zaanse Schans
- Shopping in Zaanse Schans
- Warnings and Dangers in Zaanse Schans
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zaanse Schans
- 16 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Zaanse Schans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zaanse Schans
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Will you miss Queensday?"
- Commented on one of Jim_Eliason's Zaanse Schans travel pages
- updated a Zaanse Schans Travelogue "Some miscellaneous shots"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Some miscellaneous shots"
- Wrote a Review The clog museum and workshop in Zaanse Schans Things to Do
Photos in Zaanse SchansSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues