"One day sure wasn't enough" Bordeaux by Mique
Bordeaux Travel Guide: 540 reviews and 1,432 photos
Unfortunately we only had one day to explore this city. So we've only scratched the surface of all that Bordeaux has to offer. But i must say i really liked the city. Now i know there are lots of cities i like but there is a difference between cities you like just to visit and cities you wouldn't mind living in. Bordeaux for me fitts in the second category.
We parked the car in a parking place just net to the Garonne river and 2 minutes walkign from the St. Michel Basilique. From there in a sort of big U we walked around the city including as many monuments and such as we could. The city centre is quite compact so most major sights are well within walking distance. Even though they look miles apart on the map. But in case you don't feel like walking or you want to visit something a little out of the way, Bordeaux has 3 excellent and very futuristic tramlines
In the evening while walking under the Porte Dijeaux i saw this fantastic pattern on the street. And of course couldn't resist taking a picture. Which was quite difficult since the streets were busy with people going home or doing some final shopping for new year's eve.
- Pros:Much to see, visit, do.
- Cons:A day is not enough
- In a nutshell:Vibrant city with loads of history
This is the oldest bridge in Bordeaux and connects Bordeaux with Bordeau Bastide. It was build in the early 19th century... more travel advice
Take your time to stroll up to this place and have a look around. I have no idea what this building but i guess it used... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Bordeaux Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Through the Looking Glass"
- "A Surprisingly Interesting City"
- "Bordeaux - La Belle Au Bois Dormant"
- "Bienvenue a Bordeaux"
- "Bordeaux Historic and wine city"
- "One day sure wasn't enough"
- "Bonjour! Bourdeaux, France!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bordeaux
- Hotels in Bordeaux
- Transportation in Bordeaux
- Nightlife in Bordeaux
- Restaurants in Bordeaux
- Shopping in Bordeaux
- Warnings and Dangers in Bordeaux
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bordeaux
- 25 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Bordeaux?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bordeaux
Photos in BordeauxSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues