"One day sure wasn't enough" Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux by Mique

Bordeaux Travel Guide: 496 reviews and 1,252 photos

Unfortunately we only had one day to explore this city. So we've only scratched the surface of all that Bordeaux has to offer. But i must say i really liked the city. Now i know there are lots of cities i like but there is a difference between cities you like just to visit and cities you wouldn't mind living in. Bordeaux for me fitts in the second category.

We parked the car in a parking place just net to the Garonne river and 2 minutes walkign from the St. Michel Basilique. From there in a sort of big U we walked around the city including as many monuments and such as we could. The city centre is quite compact so most major sights are well within walking distance. Even though they look miles apart on the map. But in case you don't feel like walking or you want to visit something a little out of the way, Bordeaux has 3 excellent and very futuristic tramlines

In the evening while walking under the Porte Dijeaux i saw this fantastic pattern on the street. And of course couldn't resist taking a picture. Which was quite difficult since the streets were busy with people going home or doing some final shopping for new year's eve.

• Pros:Much to see, visit, do.
  • Cons:A day is not enough
  • In a nutshell:Vibrant city with loads of history
  • Last visit to Bordeaux: Dec 2003
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2004

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2011 at 4:37 AM

Thanks for your helpful tips - I'll be in Bordeaux for four weeks from tomorrow on.

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2010 at 5:40 AM

great page, i liked your tips and photos. best wishes from Istanbul.Bora

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Unfortunately, we only had a short time there too, but couldn't find our hotel (almost 2 hrs) and then it poured down rain, so didn't see anything except to return our car and get the train back to Paris next morn., I will look at yr tips soon.

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2008 at 2:55 AM

Thanks for these lovely tips.We to will be in Bordeaux for little more than a day..so your suggestions are perfect!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2007 at 5:50 AM

Great page. Nice photos and plenty of valuable tips.

• RosesGarden's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2006 at 6:28 PM

Very nice and thorough page here!! Thank you so much.

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2006 at 1:56 AM

Great page, thanks for all the infos...I'll visit Bordeaux for the first time next month.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 3:32 AM

Thanx for sharing Sandra. Enjoyed your night shots, especially the bridge!! Must go to that restaurant when I go next year....it has my maiden name...well nearly - Romaine :o) Cheers, Ann.

• La_Holandesa's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2005 at 6:02 AM

hahaha, the wine from here is good, yeahh the problem is the pastis is good for me too hahaha ayyyy yeah douce france did call again!!! hehe

• May 3, 2005 at 6:12 AM

Nice page. Night view of the Place Gambetta is amazing. A kind of nostalgia for me with the city...

Mique

“Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde (thanks Luna!)”

Badges & Stats in Bordeaux

Have you been to Bordeaux?

Latest Activity in Bordeaux