"Checked out by the Gendarmerie" Pellegrue by Mique
Pellegrue Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
On new year's day we went to visit Pellegrue. After all it is an important place when you're from St-Ferme. It has the nearest bar. That bar was closed though when we arrived here. So we decided to visit the church instead. After all it is a very old church (11th century if i'm not mistaken) and we thought it might be worthwhile. Pellegrue boasts the total of 5 streets and we needed them all to wurm our way to the top of the hill and this church
But it is a very nice church and some of us decided to go and check inside. Churches around here are usually open so you can walk in and have a look around. While most were inside, Janet and i stayed outside. I had seen enough churches by now. Much to our astonishment, we saw nother car coming up and we were even more suprised to see it was the Gendarmerie (the police). Someone had called the police because there were unknown people entering the church. Then you know you're definitely in an non-tourist spot!
They drove by. Checked out the number plate on the car (Dutch) and probably decided it was too much trouble to talk english that day.. So they left us alone.
When we drove away, a person lifted his (or her) glass to us in a toasting gesture in the house on the right side of this picture. We had found our anonimous caller....
Mique's Related Pages
Pellegrue Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pellegrue
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (61)
Have you been to Pellegrue?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pellegrue
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues