Saint-Émilion Favorite Tips by Mique Top 5 Page for this destination
Saint-Émilion Favorites: 20 reviews and 22 photos
Shall i take this or the next one?
Favorite thing: Because the town isn?t a very car-friendly town (visiters park their cars outside the town), it is a great place to explore on foot. And this way, you can also explore the tiny alleyways that you can run into on occasion. Since it isn?t a very big town. it won?t cost you an awefull lot of time to just wander thorough the town. Though the tricky part can be the steep paths that go from the market place up to the higher part of town. The locals must have fun seeing those tourists sweating their way up the hill. I know that when i walked up, several local people were looking at me making my way up hill. What can i say, i?m from the low lands.. We?re not used to hills...
Everybody trying to smell the bouquet
Favorite thing: When we walked into this place it was advertised that they would give an english wine-class but since it was the 31st of december that was not true. Luckily business was slow that day or maybe just because we are very nice people he gave us a short introduction to wine and wine tasting for free. Very nice and much fun.
Of course we did buy wine there. Very good wine too i must admit.
Fondest memory: The address is:
Vignobles & Chateaux
4, Rue du Clocher
tel: +33 (0) 557 246 101
Wine classes every day at 11, 15 (english) and 17.30 from half march to half november. During the winter period the classes are by appointment only.
Prices (2003) 20 euro per person.
Climbing a very steep path
Favorite thing: Since St-Emilion is a medieval town and build on top of a hill it is best to wear flat and comfortable shoes. You never know where you need to hike up to..
This small path/street gave us quite a good impression how life in the middle ages would have been. We just missed the smell and all the animals around.
And we all gasped for air when we finally made it to the top...
The beginning of the explorations
Favorite thing: If you want to explore this city to the fullest, better take a look at the town's website. It'll give you a good overview of what there is all to see and do.
We went in rather unprepared i must say and therefore missed out on many interesting things. I knew about St-Emilion because of the wine but i wasn't prepared for a medieval city with all its history and hidden treasures (of which we only found a few).
The website is www.saint-emilion-tourisme.com
More Reviews (14)
Mique's Related Pages
Saint-Émilion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wine city par excellence"
- "Wine Shopping in lovely St. Emilion"
- "Wine Anyone?"
- "On and Off the Road in St. Emilion"
- "My Day Trip to the Heart of France's Wine Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Émilion
- Hotels in Saint-Émilion
- Transportation in Saint-Émilion
- Restaurants in Saint-Émilion
- Shopping in Saint-Émilion
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint-Émilion
- See All...
Explore the World
- Republic of Montenegro
- Sum-ag Hotels
- Lares Hotels
- Unapool Hotels
- Kovacic Hotels
- Paredes de Coura
Badges & Stats in Saint-Émilion
- 18 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Saint-Émilion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Émilion
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Saint-Émilion hotel reviews