"Saint-Ferme, definitely off the beaten path..." Saint-Ferme by Mique
Saint-Ferme Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 89 photos
My parents have taken the step of moving to France.. And this is where they've ended up... Saint Ferme. I had never heard of it before but it is a really charming little place (350 hundred inhabitants). It is situated in an area that is called les-deux-mers (the 2 seas) which refers to the 2 rivers, the Dordogne and the Garonne
The whole area is still very much a wine-area but is luckily not as touristy as is less known.
Although in earlier times this place was defintely ON the beate path. Pelgrims to Santiago de Compostella could stay a night over at the abbey. Where there was a special room reserved for them and where their feet would be taken care of. A very tiny part of that old path runs right behind my parent´s property..
It really is an area where you can have the good life. There is much history, many villages organise all kinds of cultural events.. and then there is the wine...
- Pros:Nice, tranquille and beautiful
- Cons:The nearest bar is in the next village (Pellegrue)
Anothe rinteresting thing i learnt during this tour was that those stone rigdes weren´t there for water drainage or so..... more travel advice
I never had given it much thought but while on the tour of the abbey, the guide told us about how the stone masons... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Saint-Ferme Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "American Invasion"
- "Saint-Ferme, definitely off the beaten path..."
- "Sainte Ferme, France"
- "Saint Ferme"
- "A wonderful visit with friends"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint-Ferme
- Hotels in Saint-Ferme
- Transportation in Saint-Ferme
- Nightlife in Saint-Ferme
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint-Ferme
- 7 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Saint-Ferme?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint-Ferme
- Posted in Travel Rangoon Forum "Re: English level?"
- Commented on one of ranger49's Saint-Ferme travel pages
- updated a Saint-Ferme Travel Page "Saint-Ferme, definitely off the beaten path..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "New year's dinner and other pics"
- Wrote a Review Too pee or not to pee in Saint-Ferme Things to Do
Photos in Saint-FermeSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues