"No longer capital but still Burma's centerpoint" Rangoon by Mique
Rangoon Travel Guide: 543 reviews and 1,381 photos
I've been living here for a while now and i must admit it still isn't one of my favorite cities here in Burma but i'm getting quite used to it. Downtown is always nice for a bit of downtime if i want a sandwich or just relax in a more western cafe (even though i can find that not too far from my own place if i really want to but there i'm usually the only westerner and in downtown there are at least a few more).
As the entry point for almost all tourists to Burma it is a nice transitory step between the 'real' Burma and other, usually more western (oriented) countries. You'll see the longyi's everywhere, the hustle and bustle of Yangon traffic, but also young people dressed as in many other big asian cities. And there are more western things to be had here then probably in the rest of Burma together.
At the moment building this page hasn't the highest priority for me but i'll add things as soon as i can.
in the meantime (or afterwards of course) if you have any questions, just ask.
Ok, with my son often spending some time in the internet cafe in Ocean right before we go shopping, i might actually find some time to update this page over time. The connection at this place isn't great and uploading pictures takes forever and a day but i'll get around to it....
This street is where, in the evening, the road turns into a long line of BBQ restaurants. Ok, the restaurants are there... more travel advice
This teashop just opened recently and it is unlike any other teashop i know. It is in a very trendy setting and is very... more travel advice
Mique's Related Pages
Rangoon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yangon - capital and great introduction to Myanmar"
- "Yangon - City of Golden Pagodas"
- "Some of the Loveliest People in all of Asia"
- "Yangon - don`t worry anymore..."
- "Yangon - Once Visited"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rangoon
- Hotels in Rangoon
- Transportation in Rangoon
- Nightlife in Rangoon
- Restaurants in Rangoon
- Shopping in Rangoon
- Warnings and Dangers in Rangoon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rangoon
- 13 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 61 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Rangoon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rangoon
- Posted in Travel Burma Forum "Re: Where to go in Myanmar/Burma"
- Wrote a Review Great location, good food, and nice price! in Rangoon Restaurants
- updated a Rangoon Travel Page "No longer capital but still Burma's centerpoint"
- Commented on one of euzkadi's Rangoon travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "For a bit of downtime"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Burma Intro, 87 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Hague Intro, 68 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leiden Intro, 32 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Romania Intro, 44 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bordeaux Intro, 25 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Scheveningen Intro, 24 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oradea Intro, 28 reviews, 48 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 24 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 27 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint-Émilion Intro, 18 reviews, 54 photos, 5 travelogues