"Outstanding" Mackinac Island by OffshoreWI

Mackinac Island Travel Guide: 187 reviews and 379 photos

Mackinac Island is my favorite place in the world. I get there via sailboat. Usually racing up from Chicago. Alternate routes to the island would include the ferry service out of either St. Ignace or Mackinaw City. While I recomend a Pony Burger at the Pink Pony, I must strongly urge you to have a Mt.Gay and coke. For some reason they always taste better on the Island. Horn's or the Island Outpost are the places to get live music most weekends and special weeknights as I recall. During the quiet times on the island I demand you visit the Butterfly House. Loads and loads of live butterflies flutter freely to the sound of classical music. While it is harmful to touch a butterfly with your fingers if you wear something yellow they tend to land on you and that is quite amazing. My last recomendation is from the hippie in me. The island hosts the best laundromat with a view in the world. I urge you to find it......

• Pros:Outstanding bars, amazing beauty, crystal clear water
  • Cons:Horse *** and fudge make a wicked smell combination
  • In a nutshell:If you haven't been here you have missed alot.
  • Last visit to Mackinac Island: Jul 2002
  • Intro Updated Jan 9, 2003

Comments

OffshoreWI

“Do not walk softly into that good night, rage raGE RAGE against the dying of the light”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Mackinac Island

Have you been to Mackinac Island?

Latest Activity in Mackinac Island