Uppsala Shopping Tips by Thoomuch
Uppsala Shopping: 5 reviews and 3 photos
As in most parts of the world you can buy massproduced fabricmade stuff in Sweden to.....but if you want something that is very local, go to Ulva (10 km north of Uppsala).
Here it is an "artvillage" where they make chrystal, leatherstuff and other handmade things. The chrystal is not cheap, but it is very beatiful and this is the only place you can buy it....also it is an artmarcet in september every year. There is just allowed to sell handmade products made in Sweden there, it has become very popular.
Also this is an recreation area during the summertime, where you can have an picnic or just relax near the river and the waterfall.
You can also have an barbecue here, as they have built a grill for public, just bring what you want to eat (and drink)!
What to buy: Chrystal and leather
What to pay: It is not cheap....
Theme: Local Craft
More Reviews (9)
Thoomuch's Related Pages
Uppsala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My favorite Swedish town"
- "Uppsala by Maline"
- "Historic student city"
- "UPPSALA - An Underrated Unique Scandnavian City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uppsala
- Hotels in Uppsala
- Transportation in Uppsala
- Nightlife in Uppsala
- Restaurants in Uppsala
- Shopping in Uppsala
- Warnings and Dangers in Uppsala
- See All...
Explore the World
- Denali National Park and Preserve Hotels
- Jones Beach State Park Hotels
- Darlington Hotels
- Rüdesheim am Rhein Hotels
- Sungai Lembing
Badges & Stats in Uppsala
- 10 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Uppsala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uppsala
Top 10 Pages
- Natal Intro, 70 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 57 reviews, 57 photos
- Sweden Intro, 36 reviews, 35 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uppsala Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
Latest Uppsala hotel reviews
- Park Inn Uppsala
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Basic Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2011
- Hotel Uppsala
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- First Hotel Linne Uppsala
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 25, 2013
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Clarion Hotel Gillet
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 14, 2013
- Best Western Hotel Svava
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Gamla Uppsala- 32 Reviews, 55 Photos
- Cathedral- 29 Reviews, 50 Photos
- Castle- 18 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Gustavianum- 12 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Viking renmnants- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
- Fyris River- 9 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Carolina Redivia- 7 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Botanical garden- 5 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Architecture/Buildings- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Museums- 5 Reviews, 8 Photos
See All Uppsala Things to Do