"Vaxholm" Vaxholm by Thoomuch
Vaxholm Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 82 photos
Vaxholm is an pittoresque small town outside Stockholm on the seaside in the archipelago.
It is famous for it´s beauty and for it´s castel/fortress that is situated on an island right outside the town.
- Pros:Fantastic place in summertime
- Cons:So near a big city and still you dont have that feeling
- In a nutshell:A bit of "old" Sweden in a nutshell that still is here...
The fortress was built to protect the capital Stockholm from the Russian navy.......when it was finnished it was already... more travel advice
to come to the fortress you have to go by boat......it takes about 10 minutes....if you dont want to swim ofcourse.. more travel advice
Thoomuch's Related Pages
Vaxholm Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Archipelago’s Gateway to the Capital"
- "Capital of the inner archipelago"
- "Vaxholm in winter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vaxholm
- Hotels in Vaxholm
- Transportation in Vaxholm
- Nightlife in Vaxholm
- Restaurants in Vaxholm
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vaxholm
- 5 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Vaxholm?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vaxholm
Photos in VaxholmSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Natal Intro, 70 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 57 reviews, 57 photos
- Sweden Intro, 36 reviews, 35 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uppsala Intro, 10 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos
- Singapore Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Sydney Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos