"The Big Apple" Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island by TravelBug_sg
Manhattan Island Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 352 photos
I have always wanted to visit Manhattan, particularly since I'm a fan of S3x & The City! Below is a summary of my trip. Photos and details to follow... Stay tuned!*
Fri 14 April (Good Friday)
Ground Zero / Century 21 / JRR Music store / Flatiron Building / Union Sq / DSW mall / Saw the Charles Schwarb being lit up on top at dusk / dinner at Punch Bar N Grill
Sat 15 April
Public Library & Reading Rooms / Grand Central Station / Chrysler Building / Times Sq / Shopped at Virgin, Toys R Us, Barnes & Noble, Macy’s / dinner at One If By Sea, Two If By Land
Sun 16 April
Easter Parade along 5th Av / St Patrick’s Cathedral / Rockefella Plaza / Lindy’s for lunch & cheesecake / SATC tour / dinner at Ellen’s Stardust Diner
Mon 17 April
Morning spent at office / lunch at Dos Caminos / Union Sq & DSW / Washington Sq / dinner at Porco Brazilian Churrascaria & drinks at Balthazar
Tue 18 April
Staten Island Ferry to see Statue of Liberty / South Street Seaport / Wall Street / Brooklyn Bridge / Metropolitan Museum of Art / Gotham Comedy Club followed by dinner at Spice Market
Wed 19 April
Manhattan Mall & Macy’s / Coffee & cake at Serendipity 3 / Went into Tiffany, American Girl Place, Tao / drinks at Hotel Giraffe bar & dinner at La Petite Auberge
Thu 20 April
Central Park : Strawberry Fields, Belvedere Castle, Great Lawn / lunch at Pastis at Meat Packing district / Magnolia Bakery at Bleecker & Hudson St for cupcakes / Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall, Century 21, JRR Music for last minute shopping / Airport & home
To see the SOL, you have 2 choices : pay to take the ferry to Ellis Island and get up close and personal to the lady, or alternatively, take the free Staten Island Ferry. I took the Staten Island Ferry at 10am, it took 25 minutes to reach Staten Island, then I walked out of the ferry (everyone must leave due to security reasons), walked through the terminal to the boarding side and within 5 mins I was on board again! Round trip took me less than 60 minutes.
Macy's in spring is LOVELY. I felt like I was i somebody's garden instead of a department store! And Macy's is huge. You... more travel advice
This is definitely worth a visit, if only to take a picture of the unique roof! It was so very crowded when I was there... more travel advice
TravelBug_sg's Related Pages
Manhattan Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Big Apple"
- "NEW YORK...NEW YORK...WHAT A WONDERFUL TOWN...!"
- "Welcome to Manhattan!"
- "The city that never sleeps"
- "Inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art"
- "I love NYC!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manhattan Island
- Hotels in Manhattan Island
- Transportation in Manhattan Island
- Nightlife in Manhattan Island
- Restaurants in Manhattan Island
- Shopping in Manhattan Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Manhattan Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Manhattan Island
- 12 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Manhattan Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manhattan Island
Photos in Manhattan IslandSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Island Intro, 12 reviews, 46 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Taiwan Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos
- Lakes Entrance Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Hakone Intro, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 12 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues