"Gdynia - exhibition of ships and Soviet feeling" Top 5 Page for this destination Gdynia by Raimix
Gdynia Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 210 photos
I decided to visit Gdynia quite spontaneously, after I heard that there are exhibition of ships. I am interested in it, as I do live at non-sea location ? Vilnius, and ships for me aren?t so usual structure. Honestly, if not exposition of ships, it won?t be so interesting, as city doesn?t have any old architecture, it is newer one.
Gdynia is port town, not far from Gdansk and belongs to so called Tricity (Troimiasto). Transportation to this site is easy, it could be about 25 minutes from Gdansk. Population of city is about 250 thousand people, but in real there are no feeling it could be so populated.
Gdynia first was mentioned in 1253 as fishing village. At the end of 18th century it had just 21 houses. Gdynia was more populated later, mostly at 20th century - approval of it is architecture of 20th century here ? monumentalism and functionalism.
- Pros:To see oper air museum of old ships and yachts at harbor.
- Cons:Small if visiting few days.
- In a nutshell:20th century block architecture and ships? museum.
I was walking through the pier of Gdynia and turned to yacht open-air museum side. It was nice to see some Lithuanian... more travel advice
I have seen this hill with huge cross from the main street of Gdynia. It is not so far from Gdynia central part. As it... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Gdynia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keep smiling - you are in Gdynia"
- "Gdynia is the cruise-port of Gdansk"
- "From Fishing Village To Port City"
- "Gdynia - exhibition of ships and Soviet feeling"
- "Ben-UK's Gdynia Page"
- "The place I live in"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gdynia
- Hotels in Gdynia
- Transportation in Gdynia
- Nightlife in Gdynia
- Restaurants in Gdynia
- Shopping in Gdynia
- Warnings and Dangers in Gdynia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gdynia
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Gdynia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gdynia
Photos in GdyniaSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos