"Oszkinie - back to 13th century settlement" Oszkinie by Raimix
Oszkinie Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 7 photos
Oszkinie is a village in Poland, not so far from the border with Lithuania. It is located about 2 kilometres from Punsk and 16 kilometres from Sejny. All these places still keep Lithuanian culture, and populated at least about 20 percent by Lithuanians. Let say, in Oszkinie village over 90 percent of population are Lithuanians.
Oszkinie is known from 1569 with the other name – Dubrauninkai. Later, in second half of 18th century, the name of it changed to this one (in Lithuanian it is from word “goat”). The place nowadays is famous for artificially made Jotwingian – Prussian settlement, to show how old Baltic tribes were living. These tribes were assimilated till 19th century.
- Pros:Well made artificial settlement, interesting stories told by its owner.
- Cons:Bad road to destination.
- In a nutshell:Return to Baltic tribes’ settlement of 13th century.
Small town of Punsk is just about 2 kilometers from Ozskinie. It is place, where about 80 percents of Lithuanians life.... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Oszkinie Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Oszkinie
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Oszkinie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oszkinie
Photos in OszkinieSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Europe Intro, 81 reviews, 84 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 54 reviews, 96 photos
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 43 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues