"Aukstadvaris – small town with nice nature around" Aukstadvaris by Raimix
Aukstadvaris Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 17 photos
Aukstadvaris is located on the road Vilnius – Prienai. Small town is spread on the upland, near the lake and pine tree forests. It is known that already in 11 – 12th centuries here was a wooden castle, in the 15th century the new palace was presented, and named Aukstadvaris (means “highly located palace or high palace”). The name of palace seems to be used for whole town. In 1569 Aukstadvaris got privilege of the town.
In the first half of 16th century noble family of Liacki moved from Russia to Lithuanian Grand Duchy due to Russia’s quite cruel inner politics. They got to rule Aukstadvaris lands. Period of ruling by Liaski family was quite successful, as city got new church, monastery.
Nowadays it is it is silent town, with Aukstadvaris Regional Park around and some historical sites to see. It could be easily visited if you make trip, let’s say, from historical Trakai to resort of Birstonas.
- Pros:Nature around, historical site.
- Cons:Not so much to see, better to combine with other places.
- In a nutshell:“Upland palace”.
Daytrip by car was taken partly using book of A. Semaska “Kelionės iš Vilniaus” (trips from Vilnius). At this trip... more travel advice
Not so long road away from Aukstadvaris, to Prienai side, is the mound of Lepelioniai, or, in other, stranger, words -... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Aukstadvaris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aukstadvaris – small town with nice nature around"
- Create a Aukstadvaris Travel Page
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Aukstadvaris
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Aukstadvaris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aukstadvaris
Photos in AukstadvarisSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos