"Birstonas – small town on Nemunas bend" Birstonas by Raimix
Birstonas Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 100 photos
First time Birstonas was mentioned in 1382 in crusaders chronicles. Already in 14th century here wooden castle stood. When battle of Grunewald (Zalgiris) was won and crusaders stopped attacking Lithuanian Duchy, Birstonas still haven’t lost importance. It got known as a hunting palace for dukes.
In the middle of 19th century place (1846) here healing mineral water was found, place got popularity among people of that time Tzarist Russia. In First World War Birstonas was devastated, but thanks to Lithuanian Red Cross reborn again.
Nowadays it is silent resort with wide spectrum of water and mud procedures.
- Pros:Great nature, silence and history.
- Cons:Hard to find place to eat in the morning time.
- In a nutshell:Runaway to Nemunas loop nature.
Jieznas first time was mentioned in 1492. Here was a palace of famous Pacai family (nowadays just some buildings, not... more travel advice
Village of Nemajunai is known from 14th century. Most people here belonged to forest-workers. In 19th century place is... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Birstonas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Birstonas - a spa on the Neman River"
- "Birstonas – small town on Nemunas bend"
- "Birstonas - lovely mineral water resort city"
- "Another tiny jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Birstonas
- Hotels in Birstonas
- Transportation in Birstonas
- Restaurants in Birstonas
- Warnings and Dangers in Birstonas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Birstonas
- 14 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Birstonas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Birstonas
Photos in BirstonasSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos