"Druskininkai - resort between forests and water" Top 5 Page for this destination Druskininkai by Raimix
Druskininkai Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 175 photos
After long time I decided to visit one of the best Lithuanian resorts - Druskininkai. Especially I got interested about it after my aunt visited it and suggested me to go to see how beautiful it is. After this visit I am planning to go there for more days in future.
At first, I have seen lots of flowers everywhere, sculptures. City centre is between Nemunas river and Druskonis lake, where nice biking routes are made. What is more, it is hard not to see that there ar so much parks and forests around and different looking sanatoriums - some left from Polish occupation time between First and Second World Wars, some from Soviet times and some are more modern, built recently.
The biggest boom of tourists started a few months ago, when Aqua park started to work in Druskininkai. It is first Aqua park in Lithuania.
The name of Druskininkai has come from word "druskininkas", that means "salt-man". The name of this city was firstly mentioned in 1596. Before that time there was a medieval castle to fight against Teutonic Order. In 1837 Druskininkai got the name of the spa due to mineral waters.
- Pros:Good place to relax at silence and nice landscape
- Cons:Some more places still should be reconstructed
- In a nutshell:Water, forests, flowers and sculptures.
Grutas park is located 7 kilometres from Druskininkai and easily could be reached from Druskininkai and Vilnius.... more travel advice
Morning buses from Vilnius to Druskininkai were going at 7.40, 8.40, 9.35, 11.00. We needed more morning buses to be at... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Druskininkai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The best European balneology resort!!!"
- "Druskininkai - resort between forests and water"
- "Sveiki atvyke i Druskininkus"
- "Druskininkai- Perfect Place For Every Season"
- "Druskininkai - cozy health-resort town"
- "Drushininkai: easier to enjoy than to spell!"
- "THE THERMAL LAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Druskininkai
- Hotels in Druskininkai
- Transportation in Druskininkai
- Nightlife in Druskininkai
- Restaurants in Druskininkai
- Shopping in Druskininkai
- Warnings and Dangers in Druskininkai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Druskininkai
- 12 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Druskininkai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Druskininkai
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "I can't write email to feedback@"
- updated a Druskininkai Travel Page "Druskininkai - resort between forests and water"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Flowers and sculptures"
- Wrote a Review Grutas Sovietic sculptures park in Druskininkai Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of matcrazy1's Druskininkai travel pages
Photos in DruskininkaiSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues