"Kedainiai - old city in the middle of Lithuania" Kedainiai by Raimix
Kedainiai Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 215 photos
The first time Kedainiai was mentioned in 1372. In the 16th century city was one of the first involved into the Reformation of church and centre of Lutherans.
It was multicultural city - mostly in the first half of 17th century much foreigners immigrated into city - Germans, Scottish, Jewish, Russians, so this could be seen in Kedainiai old town architecture and history. Scottish and Germans were mostly whose, who have ran to Kedainiai seeking better tolerance of Lutherans' religion.
Kedainiai city is a geographical centre of Lithuania - it is said that about 3 kilometres away from the city is a real centre with a monument to it.
Nowadays Kedainiai is famous because of Kedainiai pickled cucumbers factory and the former Russian nationality politician, who lived here and gave lots of money to reconstruct old town and some Orthodox churches in Lithuania.
- Pros:Cozy, nice old town, friendly locals.
- Cons:Too small for a longer visit.
- In a nutshell:Kedainiai - old town, the Reformation, middle of Lithuania.
Kedainiai has some nice parks around old town and on opposite bank of Nevezis river. Some places are beautifully... more travel advice
There is no problem to find smaller or bigger shop in Kedainiai. There are such popular Lithuanian shopping malls as... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Kedainiai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Still undiscovered little pearl of Lithuania"
- "Kedainiai - old city in the middle of Lithuania"
- "Beautiful design city!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kedainiai
- Hotels in Kedainiai
- Transportation in Kedainiai
- Nightlife in Kedainiai
- Restaurants in Kedainiai
- Shopping in Kedainiai
- Warnings and Dangers in Kedainiai
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kedainiai
- 16 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Kedainiai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kedainiai
- Posted in Travel Vilnius Forum "Re: The easiest way to the airport"
- Commented on one of Toshioohsako's Kedainiai travel pages
- updated a Kedainiai Travel Page "Kedainiai - old city in the middle of Lithuania"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great market square"
- Wrote a Review Green areas and Nevezis river in Kedainiai Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Europe Intro, 81 reviews, 84 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 54 reviews, 96 photos
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 43 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues