"Kernave - the morning of great history" Kernave by Raimix
Kernave Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 47 photos
First time I have seen Kernave was in year 1997. I don't kept in mind that trip and this, new trip, was really enjoyable for me. Moreover, every time coming to Kernave things changes - more interesting expositions in museum, festival of pagan-rock, days of old archaeology, St Johns day and more celebrations takes place there.
A new thing to me - in 2004 Kernave was inscribed on UNESCO World Heritage list. This small village, but the first capital of Lithuania in the past, is worth of it.
To sum up, this nice place takes to first steps of Lithuanian history and give a view of Lithuanian village.
It is such feeling in Kernave that old castles and the first capital of Lithuania gone somewhere and now it is only a small village with some things to see and these things show us the remains of past. It is like Lithuanian "Troy".
I know, that in some other countries that happened as well - the first capitals of that countries is now just simple villages or small cities (Lets say, Visegrad in Hungary).
- Pros:Really gloriuos and silent place.
- In a nutshell:Remains of the past and beatiful nature in surroundings of river Neris.
Near the church there are some sculptures worth visiting. First of them is the Iron Wolf. From the legend of how... more travel advice
First church in Kernave was built by grand duke Vytautas in 1420. A signs of old substructure of church was made in... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Kernave Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kernave - the morning of great history"
- "State cultural reserve of Kernave"
- "Kernave National Park"
- "Kernave town- the national nature monument"
- "Kernave, where everything started"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kernave
- Transportation in Kernave
- Warnings and Dangers in Kernave
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kernave
- 8 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Kernave?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kernave
Photos in KernaveSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos