"Palanga - Lithuanian capital of summer" Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga by Raimix

Palanga Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 272 photos

Palanga is so called summer capital of Lithuania. Big number of Lithuanian families are ready to visit Palanga every summer, if possible, so you could expect crouds of people here for a season time.

First official mentioning of Palanga goes back from middle of 13th century in German Order writings. For long time it was just a small port, but from first half of 19th century land comes to landowners Tiskeviciai hands, they start to develope place as a resort.

The main feature of Palanga is, of course, sea, pine trees, old wooden houses, Basanaviciaus street, full of entertainments, pier.

I have been to Palanga already for few times, last one in summer 0f 2011. I always like this place, but it is even more interesting for people who love parting, relaxing among crowds of people.

• Pros:Full of entertainment place, sea, history
  • Cons:Crowds of people in summer time
  • In a nutshell:Summer capital of Lithuania - Palanga
  • Last visit to Palanga: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 12, 2012

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Thank you Raimundas for bringing back memory about this wonderful place which I used to visit in Soviet times - it was one of the most popular and attractive resorts. Last time I was there in 1978 and lived in Vidmantas close to Palanga because it was not so expensive ...

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hmmm, so this page is still under massive updating. Speed up with things and then start building your Ukraine pages. *winkygrin*

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Hello, Raimundas! Palanga is certainly a worthy destination!~ I wish I could pay a visit there some day....

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 3:32 AM

great pics!

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2005 at 4:30 PM

It seems interesting to visit. Well done. regards, vesna

• Marcin75's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2005 at 7:07 AM

Yes, definitely a place to visit for me, as I have not yet seen the Baltijos jura from Lithuanian soil!

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2004 at 12:17 PM

Hi, thanks for introducing me to Palanga! Looks like a place to go for all types of activities and very picturesque too. Your sunset beach photo reminds me of our Southern California beaches. Just me, Cheryl

• Fjord87's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2004 at 7:59 AM

During our 1st trip to central Europe we stopped at a camping area in Palanga. I remember nothing else (I was 8) that it was a very cool place. Heh, my mom started screaming of happiness when she heard the word Palanga when I asked if we've been there. :P

• Leipzig's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2004 at 3:40 AM

Great page! I was here last year but did not have luck with weather.

• hadrian's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2003 at 6:51 AM

i put Lithuania in my agenda, looks so beautiful to me!!!

Raimix

“Be creator, not destroyer ;)”

Badges & Stats in Palanga

Have you been to Palanga?

Photos in Palanga