"Palanga - Lithuanian capital of summer" Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga by Raimix
Palanga Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 272 photos
Palanga is so called summer capital of Lithuania. Big number of Lithuanian families are ready to visit Palanga every summer, if possible, so you could expect crouds of people here for a season time.
First official mentioning of Palanga goes back from middle of 13th century in German Order writings. For long time it was just a small port, but from first half of 19th century land comes to landowners Tiskeviciai hands, they start to develope place as a resort.
The main feature of Palanga is, of course, sea, pine trees, old wooden houses, Basanaviciaus street, full of entertainments, pier.
I have been to Palanga already for few times, last one in summer 0f 2011. I always like this place, but it is even more interesting for people who love parting, relaxing among crowds of people.
- Pros:Full of entertainment place, sea, history
- Cons:Crowds of people in summer time
- In a nutshell:Summer capital of Lithuania - Palanga
First church was built here in end of 16th century instead of Protestant one. Later, in 1767 it was rebuilt as a... more travel advice
Cemetery of Soviet soldiers is just not so far from the crossroad of Basanaviciaus and Vytauto streets - I could tell,... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Palanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capital of summer, Lithuanian Rimini!"
- "Palanga - Lithuanian capital of summer"
- "Welcome to the seaside resort Palanga"
- "Palanga in the summer time"
- "Palanga - most popular Lithuanian resort"
- "PALANGA page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palanga
- Hotels in Palanga
- Transportation in Palanga
- Nightlife in Palanga
- Restaurants in Palanga
- Shopping in Palanga
- Warnings and Dangers in Palanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palanga
- 17 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Palanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palanga
Photos in PalangaSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues