"Silenai - etnographical village with nice church" Silenai by Raimix
Silenai Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 12 photos
Silenai is an ethnographical village, located at the territory of Neris river regional park. It is about 10 kilometers from Vilnius on the way to Kernave through Vilnius’ Pilaite district.
Place was first mentioned in late medieval period, 1500. Village possesses some old wooden houses, constructed with full balks, wooden yellow church of St. Mary, mythological stream, and nice panorama views. Actually village still kept medieval street structure, where all main streets connect at triangle square with a church and chapel centralized.
- Pros:Nice village feeling place nearby Vilnius.
- Cons:Bad road to - from village for about 6 kilometers.
- In a nutshell:Runaway from city dust to peace of ethnography.
Panorama watching wooden tower is located just a few meters from village cemetery. Panorama is not from very high... more travel advice
Actually it is hard to say if any public transportation runs to – from Silenai. I have chosen a car for this... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Silenai Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Silenai
- 7 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Silenai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silenai
Photos in SilenaiSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos