"Sventoji - calm Lithuanian seaside place" Sventoji by Raimix
Sventoji Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 22 photos
I visited Sventoji in July of 2011, when I hade some free days at my work. This was a place I knew I visited before, but couldn't fix memories (as I was 2 - 3 years old). Time to come back :)
First settlement in Sventoji is known as far as 5000 years back. As a port it was already used in 12th century. It was one of the main ports of former Lithuania, as Klaipeda belonged to Prussia. As it was rival - port to Klaipeda and Liepaja, few times with initiative of Swedes it was blocked by stones (17th century).
In interwar times in 20th century a few piers were built, fishermen settlement was created. Nowadays it belongs to Palanga. Anyway, it is more silent and cheaper than Palanga to take a rest by the sea.
- Pros:Unspoiled seaside, nice nature, developed infrastructure.
- Cons:Some disturbing soviet architecture.
- In a nutshell:One more place to relax by the sea.
The place was found, as usually, at the internet. Jolanta rents flats and rooms for hot season time. The room was... more travel advice
As it was summertime and quite hot days, again it was a time for beer and some fried bread :) I actually don't know if... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Sventoji Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sventoji - calm Lithuanian seaside place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sventoji
- Hotels in Sventoji
- Transportation in Sventoji
- Restaurants in Sventoji
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sventoji
- 11 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Sventoji?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sventoji
Photos in SventojiSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos