"Uzutrakis - palace and great landscape views" Uzutrakis by Raimix
Uzutrakis Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 13 photos
Uzutrakis is a part of Trakai city, located on the bank of Galve Lake, the same lake where Trakai island castle was built. From 14th century Uzutrakis territory was known and “Island of Duke Algirdas”. From 19th century land was bought by nobleman Juozapas Tiskevicius – the use of land was to build residential palace with the panorama to Galve lake and Trakai castle.
Uzutrakis is well known for Tiskeviciai family manor. It is a nice place to run away from city atmosphere; actually it is about 40 kilometers from Vilnius and about 4 kilometers from Trakai.
- Pros:Nice runaway from city dust.
- Cons:Need more restoration, especially park.
- In a nutshell:Tiskeviciai palace on bank of Galve Lake.
Uzutrakis is about 4-5 kilometers from Trakai. I think here local bus goes time by time. It is far away from the main... more travel advice
Palace is surrounded by Eduard Andre planned park. Now it in a need of clearing, restoration – it is being done little... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Uzutrakis Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Uzutrakis
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Uzutrakis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uzutrakis
Photos in UzutrakisSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos