"Kraslava - former land of noblemen Von Platers" Kraslava by Raimix
Kraslava Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 25 photos
Kraslava is a small town in Latvian Latgala region. The population is about 11000. It is not very old city, Kraslava name was firstly mentioned in 1558, but later, from first half of 18th century it started to develop much faster after nobleman Ludvig Plater got it.
Kraslava is mostly famous about its Catholic Church and Plater’s still not reconstructed palace.
- Pros:Look to off the beaten path Latvian side.
- Cons:Nothing much to see.
- In a nutshell:Escape to Plater's area.
Church was finished to construct at 1767 in baroque style. Italian Antonio Paraco designed it. In fact, this place was... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Kraslava
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Kraslava?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kraslava
Photos in KraslavaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos