"Karlstejn – entrance to medieval Czech jewelry" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstejn by Raimix
Karlstejn Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 58 photos
Karlstejn is one of the most famous travel destinations in Czech Republic. Bus or train from Prague could easily reach it and it makes place a good day trip destination from Czech capital. As I decided to see only outside views of castle, it was a half-day trip for me. Main landmark or village Karlstejn is castle.
Gothic castle was built from 1348 till 1365 by Holy Roman emperor and King of Bohemia Charles IV. Actually the purpose of constructing this castle was safekeeping of royal treasures.
In German language Karlstejn castle is named Burg Karlstein, what means “Castle on Carl’s stone”.
The village of Karlstejn appeared at castle’s construction time. At some periods it was called “Buda”, “Budnany”.
- Pros:Nice castle, scenic landscape views.
- Cons:Mostly nothing to see except castle.
- In a nutshell:Czech landscape and history.
Staroceske trdo is a traditional Czech sweet bagel. Actually word “Staroceske” means “Old Czech”. It is made from... more travel advice
Prague is about 30 km from Karlstejn. City is capital of Czech Republic with a population of about 1,2 millions people.... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Karlstejn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castle built to house the Crown Jewels"
- "The "Secret" Castle of Charles IV - Karlstejn"
- "Karlstejn – entrance to medieval Czech jewelry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlstejn
- Transportation in Karlstejn
- Nightlife in Karlstejn
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlstejn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Karlstejn
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Karlstejn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstejn
Photos in KarlstejnSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Europe Intro, 81 reviews, 84 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 54 reviews, 96 photos
- Krakow Intro, 49 reviews, 76 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tallinn Intro, 43 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Intro, 48 reviews, 72 photos, 2 travelogues