"Montserrat - beautiful mountains with monastery" Top 5 Page for this destination Serra de Montserrat by Raimix
Serra de Montserrat Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 211 photos
Montserrat is the most saint place in Catalonia region. It is mostly visited by day-trippers from Barcelona and is a point of pilgrimage route. Most famous places here ? the unusual looking mountains and monastery.
Constructions of religic objects in Montserrat Mountains started as early as 880, after visitation and mysterious appearance of Virgin Mary image. Nowadays the monastery constructed about 800 meters above the sea level is a home of this saint image.
Mountains itself took the name from two separate words ?mont? and ?serra?, meaning ?jagged mountains?. Actually mountains look like teeth due to form and polished surface. Geologic information tells that these mountains long time ago were under the sea level, water polarized and shaped them.
- Pros:Unique experience to see unusual mountains and Saint place.
- Cons:If it is hot, it is hot even 1236 meters high :)
- In a nutshell:I think it is a must when visiting Catalonia.
It is nice construction to get to Monterrat monastery (it lifts 800 meters high). The using Aeri is quite nice... more travel advice
Barcelona is one of the main towns in Spain, one of the most important ports in Mediterranean sea region and Europe?s... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Serra de Montserrat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MONTSERRAT MOUNTAIN"
- "Montserrat - A Day Trip from Barcelona"
- "Montserrat - beautiful mountains with monastery"
- "Sacred Montserrat"
- "In the mountains of Montserrat"
- "The Mountains of Montserrat"
- "The mysterious Holy Mountain of Catalunya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serra de Montserrat
- Hotels in Serra de Montserrat
- Transportation in Serra de Montserrat
- Restaurants in Serra de Montserrat
- Shopping in Serra de Montserrat
- Warnings and Dangers in Serra de Montserrat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serra de Montserrat
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (70)
Have you been to Serra de Montserrat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serra de Montserrat
Photos in Serra de MontserratSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos