"Sile - small resort near Black sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Sile by Raimix
Sile Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 110 photos
Sile is a small resort town near Black sea, about 50 kilometers from Istanbul, going deeper into Asian side of Turkey. It is a small town, about 10 thousand people live here, but as the place is quite famous resort place in hot time here you could find much more people.
I decided to visit Sile, as I never been to Black sea, as well I wanted to go deeper into Asian side and make it in a daytrip from Istanbul (that means, naturally, not so far away). Sile was even more interesting than I expected. It is nice if you want to have more relaxed runaway from busy Istanbul to seaside. The place is known since 700 BC as a fishing village, in early Christian times Christians used to hide in nearby caves, later in Ottoman times it was known for its lighthouse.
Nowadays Sile is known for its good quality beaches, as well as rocks with castle ruins, famous lighthouse as well as famous cotton fabric Sile Bezi.
- Pros:Relaxed atmosphere, nice seaside with castle ruins and rocks.
- Cons:Public transportation to this town could be faster.
- In a nutshell:Runaway from vibrant Istanbul.
Sile could be reached by Istanbul city buses 139 and 139A. Stop is on Harem bus station, not so far from Uskudar ferry... more travel advice
As Sile is more off the beaten path place, naturally here the prices of baklavas or other sweets are less expensive... more travel advice
Raimix's Related Pages
Sile Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sile - small resort near Black sea"
- "Sile - famous for cotton and Lighthouse"
- "AGVA / ISTANBUL"
- "Agva - little Black Sea town"
- "Sleepy Sile?"
- "Sile (Read like Shile)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sile
- Hotels in Sile
- Transportation in Sile
- Restaurants in Sile
- Shopping in Sile
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sile
- 10 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Sile?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sile
Photos in SileSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 80 reviews, 147 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vilnius Intro, 70 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 70 reviews, 125 photos
- Berlin Intro, 59 reviews, 131 photos
- Europe Intro, 86 reviews, 89 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 120 photos
- Vienna Intro, 54 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 52 reviews, 123 photos
- Warsaw Intro, 57 reviews, 104 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 42 reviews, 98 photos