"Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia" Top 5 Page for this destination Florence by mariocibelli
Florence Travel Guide: 5,286 reviews and 12,068 photos
It's time there was a fun Florence page. Aside from Florence's doubtless historical place in the renaissance, it has become a surreal place to live. THe most spoken language today, is English, followed by Arabic and Chinese. THe fabled leather stores are mostly run by fun Turks who have sister stores in the Grand Bazaar, and almost every restaurant has the same basic Tuscan fare menu!
Still, for those that have not been, it is still an obligatory tap whether you be on a grand or not so grand tour of Italy or Europe.
How long in Floville? I think it is best visited several times for short periods, rather than staying a week! (Oy, that's long here!) plus there is so much to see nearby as well.
VT Kenny was very lucky that on the last night of his 48 hour whrilwind tour of Florence her was able to meet one of our leading citizens, in one of the most exclusive eateries that the cradle of the renaissance (as it is so often touted) has to offer!
This chapter is under heavy renovation!
Florence is a weird place. Even people who live here will admit that to you. There is a bit of that, good god, we are living in a museum type of mentality here. I mean it is a bit like Venice for that. People who stay long enough start saying, well what has gone on here since 1533? Well, actually a lot, only that the city has chosen to focus its lackluster promotion on the renaissance and all those involved in it.
- Pros:Endless renaissance art & architecture,great location, beautiful scenery
- Cons:congested, expensive, no parking, touristy
- In a nutshell:Renaissance Florence - Victim of it's own genius...
Watch out for sites that let you book tickets and charge huge fees for the service. It is very SIMPLE to book... more travel advice
Throughout the year there are days when all admissions are free. However, when there is the 'week of culture' and... more travel advice
- See All Museum Tickets in Floville
- See All Cheesey Disco
- See All Where is the SITA BUS STATION?
- See All Italian Cooking School 1
- See All ANother cheapo near Santa Mairs Novella
mariocibelli's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "weekends in Florence"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 67 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 116 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
- Posted in Travel Tehran Forum "from downtown to Shemran"
- Wrote a Review OPERA - Teatro Comunale about Theatre & Opera in Florence Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Museum Tickets"
- updated a Florence Travel Page "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- Commented on one of kenyneo's Florence travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 44 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florence Intro, 67 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 39 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 18 reviews, 28 photos, 5 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 14 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amritsar Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 19 reviews, 8 photos
- Mostar Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bologna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue