"Bridlington Piddlington" Bridlington by JohnnySpangles
Bridlington Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 101 photos
Bridlington nestles between Scarborough and Hull on the East Coast, where the wind is always bracing and the sea is as alluring as cold oxtail soup. It has all the street credibility of Cleethorpes however if you look closely you can get a reasonable day out for little cost. Small children should be blinkered before leaving the car park as there are many tempting flashing lights in a plethora of amusement arcades that could bust the budget in ten minutes of slot machine frenzy.
The best thing you should do is head straight for the beach and then get them to gird their loins for a two-mile hike northwards towards the cliffs. If you tell them there are fossils to be found on the beach it might keep their enthusiasm in Jurassic Park mode, rather than whingeing brat mode. The walk along the beach is pleasing enough, providing the tide is out. If the tide is in then drowning is a distinct possibility. After a couple of miles of beach and a few hundred yards of cliffs you?ll find a concrete stairway that takes you up to the entrance of a place called Sewerby Hall.
This is a stately home and gardens with the additional child friendly attractions of small zoo, a putting green, craft centre and a couple of museums including one dedicated to dead aviator Amy Johnson. Amy and her husband were the Posh and Becks of their day, although this was back in the days before pop music and the Champions League were invented. A family ticket to get into Sewerby Hall is only £7.50 and well worth the money. One word of warning, in summer there is a land train every half hour to take you back to Bridlington, it isn?t cheap though and the robbing driver will fleece you for at least four quid. So if you can get some more mileage out of those little legs work them into the ground and save the money to buy some old pennies at the antique slot machine museum in the town centre, which is pleasantly free to get in.
JohnnySpangles' Related Pages
Bridlington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridlington - resort with potential"
- "A weekend spent in the East Riding of Yorkshire"
- "Bridlington - Historical East Coast Seaside Town"
- "By the seaside"
- "A typical Yorkshire seaside town"
- "Bridlington Piddlington"
- "I had to go - it was a work thing"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bridlington
- Hotels in Bridlington
- Transportation in Bridlington
- Restaurants in Bridlington
- Shopping in Bridlington
- Warnings and Dangers in Bridlington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bridlington
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Bridlington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bridlington
Photos in BridlingtonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Birmingham Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cleethorpes Intro, 11 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Milan Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Naples Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Lille Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- São Paulo Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos