Amsterdam Things to Do Tips by excitableone
Amsterdam Things to Do: 3,576 reviews and 5,964 photos
tuna free i promise!
this shop is very nice, they have two different places to relax and do what you gotta do, the menu is small but the quality is superb..they also sell souvenier menu's..
Address: kerkstraat 39
heaven awaits you
wow i believe we visited rookies about 4 times in 11 days, it wasn't my favorite shop but it was very nice. they have many different tablegames you can play and a pooltable. the vibe is that of cheers, a place where everyone knows your name..they also have a souvenier shop across the street, which sells rookie lighters which are the most similar to bic lighters for all of us americans..i bought 2!!
Address: korte leidsedwarsstraat
Phone: (0)20 428 3125
here kitty kitty!!
if you come across the blue velvet coffeeshop which is located on the same street as barney's you can meet the house stoner cat..he's usually laying down on the counter just to the right of the dealers area..you can pet him and if you ask you can take a picture..he's not the prettiest cat but he seems really happy..
Address: haarlemmerstraat 64
fly by , fly HIGH !!!
this shop has a tourist like vibe going on, but it's not a bad shop..we only bought the strain that they entered, but we smoked here on a couple different occasions..the upper level is nice it looks out onto the street below. the ceiling fans make sure fresh air is always there. they also have good orange juice..
follow the red carpet to freedom
siberie which means siberia in dutch is a very cozy shop with a laid back vibe..they display a lot of artwork in this shop..even during the time i was here( cannabis cup ) there were more locals than cuppers! thats a sign of a good shop!
Address: brouwersgracht 11
try the s.a.g.e
this shop has no website, no phone number, and no advertising but managed to stay open for over 11 years..they specialize in mostly sativa haze strains which is what we tried..we tried the s.a.g.e which stands for sativa afganica genetic equalibrium... this was one of the more unique tasting pot's we tried, the hash was nice too.
Address: Eerste van der helstraat 70
prepare to relax....
this shop was one of the more comfortable shops we went to, and they have great hot tea.. the seating is all floor level low seats with lot's of pillows and cushions. they specialize in nederhash which i found to be very tasty and smooth..they sell a variety called dutch delight and i can attest it's very delightful.
Address: jan peter heijestraat 85/87
Directions: trams 7,17 to jan pieter heijestraat which is located in between overtoom and kinkerstraat.
located just steps from the leidseplein this shop is a MUST SEE, the vibe is very laid back and the service is top notch! each of the strains i tried here were amazing but i reccomend the heaven's delight if they have it! also try the strawberry orange juice..
Address: lange leidsedwaarstraat 43
packed house tonight..
this is one of few shops in amsterdam that don't play techno or rap music, they are a classic rock joint ( no pun intended ) this is a must see activity for me once i get back, cause i really didn't get to enjoy this place like i should have...
Address: oudebrugsteeg 27
this shop has the largest menu i saw in amsterdam, they sell what they call the " fair smoke label " which means they only supply from smaller growers who only use natural and biological growing means..one of the more known growers of amsterdam SOMA sells his gear here and at a few other locations.. you can buy a souvenier menu at damkring for 5 euro which makes a great conversation piece when you get back to the states or wherever. the dampkring also sells quality hash which was some of the best we smoked while in amsterdam..also check out the frites store right next door the frites are very tasty.
Address: handboogstraat 29
More Reviews (52)
- See All everything you need is provided for you
- See All if you like the pot part of...
- morning glory
- See All american style
- See All california taking over !!!
- brandend zand
excitableone's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 68 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
- updated a Amsterdam Travel Page "amsterdam the other city that doesn't sleep."
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Free Drinks while Gambling?"
- Commented on one of ingridf_nl's Amsterdam travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "RANDOM PICTURES"
- Wrote a Review everything you need is provided for you in Amsterdam What to Pack
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (108)
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 68 reviews, 108 photos, 5 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City 12 photos, 3 travelogues
- Santa Monica Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Malibu 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Los Angeles Intro, 3 photos
- Sedona Intro, 3 photos
- Blue Diamond 1 review
- Phoenix 1 travelogue
- Red Light District - De Wallen- 151 Reviews, 181 Photos
- Canal Boat Tours- 197 Reviews, 321 Photos
- Anne Frank House- 243 Reviews, 259 Photos
- Sex Museum- 49 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Dam Square- 93 Reviews, 174 Photos
- Van Gogh Museum- 167 Reviews, 180 Photos
- Flower Market - Bloemenmarkt- 68 Reviews, 105 Photos
- Rijksmuseum- 214 Reviews, 361 Photos
- Heineken Brewery- 97 Reviews, 136 Photos
- Madame Tussaud's- 62 Reviews, 124 Photos
See All Amsterdam Things to Do