"Such a lot for a small place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Fagans by M0B1US
Saint Fagans Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 386 photos
St Fagans is the setting for the stunning 100 acre site of the Museum of Welsh Life.
It is a small village set in the rolling hills overlooking the River Ely valley a scant 4 miles from the centre of Cardiff.
The other attraction of note here apart from the tranquil countryside is the Plymouth Arms Pub, justly famous for its excellent pub lunches and large beer garden.
St Fagans was also the site of the most important battle of the English Civil War fought on Welsh soil in 1648.
The only reason you're here is to see the spectacular Museum of Welsh Life - or you're just as impressively lost and are completely ignorant to one of the best attractions in all of Wales!
Why not include a trip to the Plymouth Arms for a bite to eat and a nice cold beer - you'll need it after all the walking you'll have done!
There are also a number of public footpaths that take you into the wooded hills, or down to the river around St Fagans...
You can catch the bus from Cardiff Central Bus station, or its a short trip by car though I think you might have to pay for parking as there is no roadside parking in such a small village.
For the more adventurous it is possible to hire a bike and cycle to St Fagans, or it is an easy walk along a number of signposted routes.
For a small charge you can take a quick spin in a horse and cart form the Cilewent Farmhouse up to the Y Garreg Fawr... more travel advice
Opened in 1948, to walk around this huge 100 acre open air museum is to walk around Wales - from Celtic times to the... more travel advice
M0B1US's Related Pages
Saint Fagans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welsh National History museum"
- "Museum of Welsh Life"
- "Museum of Welsh Life Amgueddfa Werin Cymru"
- "Such a lot for a small place!"
- "St Fagans: useum of Welsh Life"
- "Prettiest Village in Cardiff"
- "St Fagans - Home of the National History Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Fagans
- Transportation in Saint Fagans
- Restaurants in Saint Fagans
- Shopping in Saint Fagans
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Fagans
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Saint Fagans
- 8 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Saint Fagans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Fagans
Photos in Saint FagansSee All Photos (51)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cardiff Intro, 62 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 49 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 41 reviews, 84 photos, 5 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 37 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krabi Intro, 29 reviews, 72 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 22 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 18 reviews, 61 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ubud Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues