"Varadero" Varadero by 416Guy

Varadero Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 895 photos

Cuba Libre

Cuba is, in my opinion, the most culturally developed country in the Caribbean. Sure there is poverty, but no more so then a lot of other islands in the Caribbean. Despite their lack of material wealth, the Cuban people are the most generous people in the world. I admit that my first time visiting, I was not looking forward to it at all, I was more scared than excited. All I can say about my trip was that I actually cried. I cried when I had to board the plane to come home. You will not find an experience like Cuba anywhere else in the world. No matter where fate takes me, I will always have Cuba in my heart.

UPDATE:
My 3rd annual group trip to the Caribbean has been posted, this trip will take us to Varadero this year. We are hoping to fill the entire plane, 86 seats. Our last two trips (to Cancun, and Puerta Plata) had 47 and 39 people. The response has been really good this year and 86 people is a very reachable goal.

The trip will take place Sunday September 24th to Sunday October 1st, 2006. The cost will vary depending on where you are coming from, however as part of our large group you will definately get a cheaper rate. The cost from Toronto is approx. $700 taxes included and we are staying at Arenas Blancas Hotel in Varadero.

All the onformation for this trip is posted at:
www.geocities.com/cubaweek06

go to the guestbook and enter your name, and keep checking back for the final booking information which will be posted in mid-July.

If you've ever wanted to go to Varadero, book this trip!

See you all there!

• Pros:World's Friendliest People.
  • Cons:The US trade embargo. The Communist government. 10 million people caught in between.
  • In a nutshell:Poor in money. Rich in heart.
  • Last visit to Varadero: May 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 12, 2006

• Aug 29, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Is it out of the question to rent without a credit card, just debit?

• Mar 26, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Hello there can you tell me where is the skydiving place located/ We are going to varadero april12 and my b/f has to jump. He is a vey avid jumper with plenty of experience. banutifumust@hotmail.com

• Kisu's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Thanks for great Cuba info!!

• florry's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2008 at 10:16 PM

Nice pages on varadero:)

• Dec 10, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Where exactly can I find this place?

• bittenbythetravelbug's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2007 at 9:07 AM

do you happen to remember the name of the ranch/establishment that you went horseback riding with? (and do you suggest doing it?)

• MURRA's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2006 at 4:51 AM

very good information

• malianrob's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2006 at 7:31 PM

I have been dying to go to Cuba for some time now. I am thinking of going next year june2007. Had i seen your posting earlier i wouldve tried going with you guys! I am actually going to Toronto during those days!

• May 8, 2006 at 3:31 PM

I enjoyed your page, Im planning to go to Varadero on June the 2cd. Thanks for all the tips!!

• Oana_bic's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2006 at 7:45 AM

great tips on varadero & cuban guys...I loved havana as well and as you I cried the day I left...sniff sniff still recovering

416Guy

“Until tomorrow, the whole world is my home.”

Badges & Stats in Varadero

Have you been to Varadero?

Latest Activity in Varadero