"The Nobody city!" Chiasso by d_d
Chiasso Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 40 photos
Chiasso is the first swiss city after italian border.
Once, when francs was very cheap respect to italian liras, many people from Como used to go to Chiasso to buy cigarettes, electronic material, sun glasses, some food and fuel.
Then, after first 90s, there was no more convenience to go to buy in Chiasso (except for fuel), and so Chiasso started to become a nobody city.
After 2000,though fuel is so expensive in Italy, also fuel is no more convenient in Switzerland for Como people, because of a Como municipial discount on fuel.
And so now Chiasso is quiete desert!
Well, there are a lot of banks
It's not so easy to find in Chiasso an old and beautiful building. Well, if you find one, it will be under... more travel advice
Walking along Chiasso streets, you will notice in many angles, some strange kind of puppets. But they aren't puppets.... more travel advice
d_d's Related Pages
Chiasso Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Nobody city!"
- "A few mojitos and some Kareoke fun :)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiasso
- Hotels in Chiasso
- Transportation in Chiasso
- Nightlife in Chiasso
- Restaurants in Chiasso
- Shopping in Chiasso
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chiasso
- 18 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Chiasso?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiasso
Photos in ChiassoSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Como Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Tours Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Dachau Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Kotor Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Milan Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Chiasso Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bihac Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos