"The former SS concentration camp" Dachau by d_d
Dachau Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 479 photos
In Dachau, one of the most famous SS concentration camp is located.
Nowadays, the camp is preserved as a memorial to the thousands of people who suffered and died there at the hands of the Nazis.
For a short history of the camp see in 'general tips' section.
Visiting it, it's a really educational and impressive experience.
I recomend to visit Dachau to anyone going to Munich.
In the pic: the entrance gateway with the cruelly misleading inscrption 'arbeit macht frei' i.e. 'freedom through work'
I've never imagined Dachau as a city, anyway Dachau is a quite big city, as I discovered crossing it by bus and by this... more travel advice
Behind the crematory, a sad memorial tablet remembers the place of the grave of thousands of unknown. more travel advice
d_d's Related Pages
Dachau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Dachau: the beginning of the end"
- "To Honor the Dead, and to Remind the Living"
- "dachau germany"
- "Dachau, even the name evokes horror..."
- "The former SS concentration camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dachau
- Hotels in Dachau
- Transportation in Dachau
- Nightlife in Dachau
- Restaurants in Dachau
- Warnings and Dangers in Dachau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dachau
- 24 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Dachau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dachau
Photos in DachauSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Como Intro, 42 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Munich Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Tours Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Dachau Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Kotor Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Milan Intro, 20 reviews, 19 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Chiasso Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos
- Tunisia Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bihac Intro, 16 reviews, 17 photos