"Great city and culture. Take it in for a few days!" Salzburg by MarvintheMartian
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,583 reviews and 5,951 photos
Salzburg is cut into two main parts by its river. The old part is a hussle of beautiful old buildings and narrow streets. No doubt many of the shops here have been trading for many generations. This part is also steaming with tourists so it is most pleasant to wonder around early in the morning or early evening when quieter. Summer evenings are always interesting outside the Cathedral. With a huge cinema screen opposite the fountain and drinks & snack available nearby you can while away an hour listening to whatever music or drama is playing at that time. Salzburg for me is a city that you can visit many times and still enjoy finding new things to do or just visit old haunts.
The newer (still very old to me!) part of the city also has many interesting places to visit, obviously the palace, Mozert's house and museum (probably more interesting than his birthplace house), and many interesting bars!
The castle on the hill is a great place to start - from here the view is excellent. You can get there by foot or by finicular (behind the Cathedral) and up the hill a little.
It's Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart, so that means plenty of concerts most of the year. The Cathedral hosts several... more travel advice
MarvintheMartian's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Uploading photos from an iPad"
- Commented on one of rexvaughan's Salzburg travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Fountains and Cathedrals!"
- updated a Salzburg Travel Page "Great city and culture. Take it in for a few days!"
- Wrote a Review Classical Concerts about Musical Entertainment in Salzburg Nightlife
Photos in SalzburgSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Devon Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues