"My Original Home Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay by MarvintheMartian
Torquay Travel Guide: 206 reviews and 471 photos
The gardens next to Torre Abbey Meadow look nice throughout the year - even in the winter the weather can be bright and sunny, although it is brisk and a bit chilly!
Well I've made a start and looking at what I've done so far I feel that I've alot left to do. There is so much more so write about and I haven't started to think about the areas close by like Brixham, Dartmouth, Salcombe, Totnes and the South Hams. Hoepfully someone else has made some effort with these places! When I do get around to building these pages - have a look at my Devon page where I will hopefully put an overview.
Torquay is where I was born and brought up until I left for University at the age of 18.
Torquay is a sea-side town in South Devon, well known for its tourism in the summer - it does get quite lively.
In the winter it is a quieter place, however at Christmas Torquay does have a good display of lights and a festive spirit.
This year I took my Mum to the midnight mass carol service at Cockington Church.
Cockington is a "must visit" area so please have a look at the tips located on my Devon page.
I have escaped from the US for 3-4 to see family and friends. Of course I have been visiting Torquay and Devon for a couple of weeks to see my folks and family.
Here is a picture of the main beach in Torquay during the evening. It's very pleasant being in Torquay in the summer because of the late setting sun. It's still reletively light upto 10pm - very different from where I am in Houston, Texas when it's getting dark by 8pm. The sun sets so slowly here as well, not like the rapid "blink and you'll miss it" in Houston!
- Pros:Quite a few Palm Trees, but no Movie Stars!
- Cons:Too far from the more lively areas of England
- In a nutshell:Well worth a visit, beautiful countryside all around!
Occombe Farm has is part of the Torbay Coast and Countryside enterprises LTD and a registered charity. It's reletively... more travel advice
Between Torre Abbey Sands and Corbyn's Head Beach there lies a group of rocks and rock pools. It's good fun to go... more travel advice
MarvintheMartian's Related Pages
Torquay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE ENGLISH RIVIERA."
- "A Townful Of Incongruities!!"
- "Torquay And Cockington"
- "My Original Home Town"
- "The hub of the English Riviera"
- "Torquay, Devon knows it's good."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Torquay
- Hotels in Torquay
- Transportation in Torquay
- Nightlife in Torquay
- Restaurants in Torquay
- Shopping in Torquay
- Warnings and Dangers in Torquay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Torquay
- 18 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Torquay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torquay
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Ravenna Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Segovia Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Devon Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues