"Full of history from many different centuries!" Segovia by MarvintheMartian
Segovia Travel Guide: 485 reviews and 1,347 photos
The sixteenth century Cathedral was constructed under the direction of Juan Gil de Hontanon in the Late Gothic style. It was initiated in 1525.
This is a view of the Cathedral from near the Alcazar.
Yes they were and it's very obvious that they were!
Look at this - an amazing piece of work. This aquaduct is the largest Roman aquaduct in the world and rises a total of 29 metres (95 feet).
More pictures of this amazing architecture in my tips.
Even in April the weather may not be very good. On my day trip from Madrid it was a good 5 degrees colder than Madrid and the winds made it feel even colder. All my pictures on the following pages were taken on the same day. Some show a beautiful blue sky, some a stormy sky (in fact there was a five minute blizzard during the afternoon!).
Take a jumper ! (translation: sweater!!)
- Pros:Beautiful city with a great deal of history
- Cons:2 hours on a slow train from Madrid - but don't be put off!
- In a nutshell:Roman, Arab, Jewish, Catholic and very Spanish!
At the end of the Calle Daoiz you will find the gardens of Queen Victoria Eugenia and then the Majestic fortress... more travel advice
The countryside views from Segovia are fantastic. This picture was taken from the Alcazar looking toward the Church of... more travel advice
MarvintheMartian's Related Pages
Segovia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Segovia - a beautiful Spanish town"
- "City of ancient and medieval cultural heritage!"
- "like a fairy tale"
- "Segovia la Encantadora!"
- "Back in Segovia."
- "Full of history from many different centuries!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Segovia
- Hotels in Segovia
- Transportation in Segovia
- Nightlife in Segovia
- Restaurants in Segovia
- Shopping in Segovia
- Warnings and Dangers in Segovia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Segovia
- 14 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Segovia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Segovia
Photos in SegoviaSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Ravenna Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Segovia Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Devon Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues