"Bologna - home of some of the best Italian food!" Bologna by MarvintheMartian
Bologna Travel Guide: 1,128 reviews and 3,345 photos
Making the most of three days in Italy brought me to Bologna for the day. I Arrived by train to the central station about 9:30am from Ravenna. Journey time about 1 hour. Bologna is a medium sized city and quite easy to navigate. The city centre is about a 15 minute walk from the station, although for €3 you can get an all day bus ticket. Also at the station (on the right side as you walk out) is the small tourist office. The free map is excellent!
For more about Bologna have a look at my tips and photos.
This is one of Bologna's busiest porticoes. Porticoes offered a solution to the housing crisis of a growing city during the 14th century; buildings expanded into the street while leaving room for mounted riders to pass underneath. The building frenzy lasted several centuries, resulting in much diversity of architectural styles from Gothic to Renaissance to Baroque.
This is Piazza Galvani behind the Duomo.
- Pros:A good day trip with scope for more
- Cons:Can't really think of any - although aparently Bologna is a bit of a ghost town in August (very humid and all the students are gone).
- In a nutshell:Plenty to see and you must eat here!
Behind San Petronio, through one of Bologn's busiest porticosis the Palazzo Archiginnasio, formally a university... more travel advice
Bologna's most remarkable sights are the endless kilometers of porticoes that line buildings throughout the city. Begun... more travel advice
MarvintheMartian's Related Pages
Bologna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOLOGNA - "La Turrita""
- "My way to stay in Bologna!"
- "Bologna – Eat, look up, marvel, eat and savour"
- "Bologna - Capital of Emilia-Romagna"
- "Bologna - The Red City"
- "Cattedrale di San Pietro"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bologna
- Hotels in Bologna
- Transportation in Bologna
- Nightlife in Bologna
- Restaurants in Bologna
- Shopping in Bologna
- Warnings and Dangers in Bologna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bologna
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Bologna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bologna
Photos in BolognaSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Ravenna Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Segovia Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Devon Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues