"Florence - Amazing City, Amazing Art, Amazing!" Florence by MarvintheMartian
Florence Travel Guide: 5,035 reviews and 11,002 photos
External weblinks updated January 2005.
This is my first real attempt at creating a Virtual Tourist set of pages.
Florence is just a great place to visit for a relaxing and cultural holiday.
There is plenty to do in Florence and the Tuscany region.
In these pages I've included tips on places to eat, visit and avoid. Hopefully the photo's will help!
The Duomo is the fourth largest in the world and has a very impressive facade. Good luck photographing it!
- Pros:Beautiful, interesting, plenty to do, great food!
- Cons:Beware of overloading on Renaissance Art
- In a nutshell:If in doubt and you are in Italy, then go to Florence!
I was lucky enough to visit Florence during the Easter period. This picture was taken on Good Friday quite late. The... more travel advice
Beside the Duomo stands the elegant, square Campanile (bell tower), designed by Giotto in 1334 but not completed until... more travel advice
- See All Enjoy a Martini
- See All Chill out around the San Lorenzo area
- Expensive Drinks
- See All Everything for the kitchen
MarvintheMartian's Related Pages
Florence Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FIRENZE - FLORENCE"
- "My Relationship With Firenze"
- "Firenze -Florence - Florenz - Florencia"
- "Breathtaking Florence!"
- "Fabulous Florence"
- "Fourth time round....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Florence
- Hotels in Florence
- Transportation in Florence
- Nightlife in Florence
- Restaurants in Florence
- Shopping in Florence
- Warnings and Dangers in Florence
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Florence
- 34 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Florence?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Florence
Photos in FlorenceSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Devon Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues