"Shrophire - Glorious England" Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire by MarvintheMartian

Shropshire Travel Guide: 351 reviews and 978 photos

Beautiful Countryside

The River Severn enters England from Wales and makes its way through Shropshire on towards it's final exit further south.

Here the river is bending it's way through Shropshire, countryside that inspired the likes of Ralph Vaughan-Williams, composer of "On Wenlock Edge" and AE Housman author of "A Shropshire Lad" and "On Wenlock Edge".

In fact just the otherside of the ridge is Much Wenlock, so I guess you are currently looking at Wenlock Edge!

Shropshire Sunset

Taken in mid August one evening. This was taken from Lilleshall and looks north over the Shropshire plains towards Cheshire.

If you're touring England, Scotland and Wales then definately stop in Shropshire as you pass, however it's not a place to travel a long way and spend a lot of money to see!

• Pros:Beautiful Countryside, a few historic and interesting towns.
  • Cons:A little bit out of the way!
  • In a nutshell:Peaceful.
  • Last visit to Shropshire: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 14, 2004

• Dec 20, 2008 at 1:37 AM

The River Severn runs through Shrewsbury on it's way to through various other villages, such as Buildwas (silent w), Ironbridge and then then out of Shropshire south.(sic) Perhaps you should ask another person to do your proof reading

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2006 at 5:55 AM

Lovely pages. I drove through Shropshire on my way back from Wales. Stunning countryside. Love to see it again properly. Thanks...

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2006 at 1:10 AM

Interesting page. Hope to visit Shropshire over Easter.

• Alan_H's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2005 at 4:33 AM

Hi Marvin - I love all the Shropshire stuff. far too few people are aware of our fabulous county. I have started to post my photos/info on Shropshire so please take a look!

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2005 at 12:33 PM

Now I know what "The Wrekin" is.

• kooka3's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2005 at 5:19 AM

Thanks for sharing your tips! I'm sorry I missed Bildwas Abbey when I was in the area - it looks beautiful. I also loved your panoramic pic of the river!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2004 at 11:54 PM

Nice stuff, interesting abbey. Reminds me of Tasmania

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2004 at 11:56 AM

Great photos, especially of Lilleshall Abbey. I have happy memories of my time in Shropshire. Another enjoyable page Martin (~_~)

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 9:51 AM

Great pictures! The only thing missing from the countryside along the Severn is a Corgi to round up those lost sheep;-\

• DUNK67's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2004 at 11:15 PM

good page, excellent photos.

MarvintheMartian

“Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck”

Badges & Stats in Shropshire

Have you been to Shropshire?

Latest Activity in Shropshire