"UK - USA - CANADA - CHINA.... time to stop moving!" MarvintheMartian's Profile
Mrch 2013... Still in Shanghai and going to be here for a while longer!
I'm liking the look of the new VT and I'm going to get myself organised to write a few tips on Asia...
Give me a shout if you are visiting Shanghai, I've lots of info on the best places to eat, drink and visit...
Update July 2011 and still in Shanghai. Getting to know China quite well and will hopefully get some tips written soon. More photos too...
This is Shanghai, my current home.
Double oops - below is from August 2007, it's now July 2010 and I'm living in Shanghai.
Oops - I'm a bit out of date below with the info below about Houston...
At the moment (August 15th, 2007), I'm on the last part of a roadtrip to relocate myself from Houston, Texas - to Vancouver in British Columbia. It's about a 3000 mile trip and I'm pulling my Jeep Wrangler behind a Uhaul truck!
Two friends have joined me - one from Houston up to Kalispell in Montana and yesterday (August 14th) another friend joined me for the final push to Vancouver.
Places we have visited on the way:
Amarillo area, Texas
Albuquerque and the Turquoise Trail, New Mexico
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Aztec, New Mexico
Monument Valley, Arizona and Utah
Canyon de Chelly, Arizona
Mesa Verde, Colorado
Green River, Utah
Bear Lake, Utah
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Grand Tetons National Park, Wyoming
Great Falls, Montana
Glacier National Park, Montana
and there's a little bit more to go...
Pre August 1st, 2007...
Enjoying Houston - have moved apartments since I've moved here in August 2004, also become very busy with work and travel.
Best of all though I'm able to travel easily around the US - trips taken so far include Atlanta, New Orleans, Vancouver, Austin, Dallas, Breckenridge (skiing). Trips taken but not yet written up about include: Phoenix to Flagstaff/Sedona to Grand Canyon to Las Vegas, San Francisco to Monterrey; Road trip to Memphis from Houston; Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons; UK summer trip come; 4 days in France at Saumur; Evacuation from Houston to Tulsa, OK.; Arches and Canyonlands National Parks road trip; Road trip to Angel Fire, New Mexico to go skiing; School trip to Washington DC; Skiing at Heavenly, Lake Tahoe.
Well okay I don't really live on Mars, Venus or any other planet I can find!
I'm really in the USA.
Until the end of August 2004 I lived in Telford about 5km from Ironbridge. Virtual tourist lists Ironbridge (very close), Shifnal and Shrewsbury as my nearest places.
Just so you know - don't visit Telford, it's a new town with a modern shopping area and a lot of large roads linking small market towns and new housing areas - it's also full of roundabouts and can be difficult to navigate around as everywhere looks the same! The shopping area itself has improved over the past year, so if the weather is not too good, this could be a worth while distraction.
However, make sure you do visit Ironbridge and if you like the countryside then the county of Shropshire has a lot to offer walkers and people who enjoy nature.
I have written introduction pages for Ironbridge and Shifnal, but all my tips are now together on a Shropshire Page.
This picture was taken from just off the road close to Buildwas (silent w if you didn't know). The road is the A4169 and runs through Telford towards Shrewsbury.
Lots of people commented on how lovely they thought this picture was so I've kept it!
It was taken from the top of the Wrekin. The local landmark hill in the Telford area.
You'll find many people walking up here, flying kites or taking there dogs for a walk. It's not hard to find, it's the only real hill in the Telford area. Best way to get there is to come off at either Junction 6 or 7 of the M54 and go along the Hollyhead Road until you see the sign reading "The Wrekin".
Leipzig's quiz is a great way to take a break from whatever you're doing and take a look into someone elses world.
Every week Christian picks a different VT member and puts together 4 photos from their pages.
Your job is to find out where they are from.
Great to find out about places you might never consider!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 323 Reviews
- 523 Photos
- 8 Countries
- 36 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Wrote a Review Beach walk near the University in Xiamen Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Beach walk near the University"
updated their Profile Page "UK - USA - CANADA - CHINA.... time to stop moving!"
- updated a Xiamen Travel Page "Great for a short trip"
- Commented on one of Travelerja's Shanghai Shi tips
- MarvintheMartian and Leipzig are now friends.
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Uploading photos from an iPad"
Top 10 Pages
- Florence Intro, 34 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Houston Intro, 25 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Torquay Intro, 18 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 16 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai Intro, 15 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ravenna Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia Intro, 14 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Devon Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shrewsbury Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos