"Santa Ysabel little town with a mission" Santa Ysabel by DesertDarlene
Santa Ysabel Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 15 photos
I frequently visit Santa Ysabel on my way to Julian and Borrego Springs. Occassionally, I stop and walk around, talk to people, take pictures, or ride my bike.
Santa Ysabel, currently, is a small ranching town with a town center at Highway 78 and 79. There is also a small an art colony there. Also, just north of the town is the Santa Ysabel Mission. One can still attend mass there as well as visit the grounds and the graveyard.
I don't know how long this town is going to stay the way it is as a casino was approved for the nearby Santa Ysabel reservation. While this will be a great benefit to the tribe that lives in the area, I'm not sure what effect it will have on this town. If it changes much, I'll let you know.
DesertDarlene's Related Pages
Santa Ysabel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Things to See and Do in Santa Ysabel"
- "Santa Ysabel little town with a mission"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Ysabel
- Hotels in Santa Ysabel
- Nightlife in Santa Ysabel
- Restaurants in Santa Ysabel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santa Ysabel
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Santa Ysabel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Ysabel
Top 5 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Santa Ysabel Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Idyllwild Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 2 reviews