"Desert Darlene's Idyllwild Page" Idyllwild by DesertDarlene
Idyllwild Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 19 photos
Idyllwild is a small town at about 5600 feet on Mount San Jacinto, the tallest peak in Southern California.
This town is known for its art and music school as well as being the place where you can take a tram from Palm Springs to.
I decided to visit Idyllwild because I am always passing by Mt. San Jacinto and heard about its art school.
What I noticed was that this town seemed to be built in a European style of architecture, at least that's what I felt when I first arrived.
There are tons of outdoor hiking to do here, but make sure you have a forest adventure pass or you'll get fined for parking at any of the trailheads. There is also plenty of shopping and places to eat, too.
- Pros:Tons of hiking and outdoor activities
- Cons:For some reason, some places were closed w/o notice
- In a nutshell:Come here and enjoy the outdoors with a free spirit
DesertDarlene's Related Pages
Idyllwild Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Desert Darlene's Idyllwild Page"
- "Idyllwild day hike"
- "Cabins in the Mountains"
- "I lived up here"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Idyllwild
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Idyllwild?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Idyllwild
Top 5 Pages
- San Diego Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Idyllwild Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Santa Ysabel Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tijuana Intro, 2 reviews