"Enjoying the view ..." Stevieboy's Profile
Oh boy... have I been away...
I have lurked around this site for over a year now. Had some great time, got some very good help, felt satisfied to be able to help other people, met some very interesting travellers and fellow lurkers... in short, I have very much enjoyed the virtual travels I experience here...
When people ask me where I come from, the answer is not that easy. Somebody once defined himself to me in the following words: "Belgian by nationality, Flemish by culture, European by ambition". I'm all that. Plus traveller by urge...
I can still feel the nervous and excited thrill when I got my first airplane ticket. My first trip I considered to be travelling. That thrill never left me since, and traces of it are still to be felt with every trip I make. No matter how far or how close from home it gets me...
Maybe part of that feeling will be reflected in my pages...
Thank's for visiting - I hope I can be of any help!
Ok, I have bought the digital cam, and I have been places since then. I even managed to repare my computer at home, so now I'm finaly in for some pagebuilding!
Travels in 2003 included (sofar :-)
- freezing in Carcassonne in February
- discovering Tallinn (Estonia) in February
- sunny walks in Strasbourg (France) in May
- magical midsummer nights in Tallinn and Kihnu (Estonia) in June
- running from the heat in Koksijde and Cap Gris Nez (Belgian and French coast) in August
- eating, drinking, relaxing and being merry in Athens and Lefkada (Greece) in October
- a very short trip to Zalaegerszeg and Budapest (Hungary) in November
- New Years Eve (and beyond) in Tallinn...
A link means there's a page. And yes, I still have a lot of work to do :)
And 2004? I don't have plans yet. Then again, I never have really...
The strangest thing... I live in Gent, which is a beautiful city. But even though I ofter stroll around and take in the atmosphere, it seems to be difficult building a page about the city.
Too much to tell? Have things become too 'normal' for me? I don't know... I have given up trying to build a page in one go, so I'll just post tips and travelogues for now and see where that leads me.
I took the intro pic in Cochabamba, Bolivia, on the second of November 2000, All Souls day. This day is a real festive occasion over there. The photo was taken on a cemetery; the people in the foreground were some of my travel companions at that time - later that day I "partied" at the home of locals who thought it was cute of us to get drunk on chicha with them.
People who have travelled in South America will probably know what I mean by that :-)
The November 30 Brussels Meeting was great fun.
Spending a day and an eventful dinner with a bunch of friendly warm interesting people was a great introduction to the concept of VT Meetings. Special thanks To Norali for organising!
Check out the programme and report, and the albums below for pictures.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Dec 3, 2003
Brussels Meeting - November 30th (1)
Written Dec 3, 2003
Brussels Meeting - November 30th (2)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Central & Eastern Thailand
- Brazil Hotels
- Pedrouços Hotels
- Mount Pocono Hotels
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald
- San Carlos de Bariloche
- Port Isabel
- New Philadelphia Hotels
- Lago del Predil
- Bournemouth Hotels
- Nakhon Si Thammarat Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 36 Reviews
- 83 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Stevieboy and TravelerM are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Enjoying the view ..."
- Commented on Nathalie_B's profile page
- Posted in Travel Estonia Forum "Re: Re: Please help with homework"
- Wrote a Review Getting around in Prague Airport in Prague Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Getting around in Prague Airport"
- updated a Tallinn Travel Page "Medieval beauty"
Top 5 Pages
- Tallinn Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Budapest Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Gent Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Carcassonne Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Zalaegerszeg Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos