"PAllen's new Guantanamo Page" Guantánamo by PAllen
Guantánamo Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 33 photos
I spent 6 hot weeks in the bowels of the engine room of an old steam powered Fast Frigate (USS Julius A. Furer, FFG-6 "the Jolly JAF") during a shakedown exercise in 1982, durring which time we made several port calls to Guantanamo Bay. As everyone was restricted to base, I didn't see anything beyond the fence, but I went snorkling and was absolutely AMAZED at the clarity of the waters there... you could see 100's of feet as if looking through air.
The base had a bowling alley, where you could buy Heineken beer for 25-cents... I thought that was cool. Other than... more travel advice
Guantánamo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RickL's new Guantanamo Page"
- "PAllen's new Guantanamo Page"
- "A bit of USA in Cuba"
- "Guantanamo - just passing through"
- "Guantanamo Bay for the day."
- "american military base of Guantanamo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guantánamo
- Hotels in Guantánamo
- Transportation in Guantánamo
- Nightlife in Guantánamo
- Restaurants in Guantánamo
- Shopping in Guantánamo
- Warnings and Dangers in Guantánamo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Guantánamo
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Guantánamo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guantánamo
No friends yet.