"SKI, SKI, AND SKI SOME MORE" Top 5 Page for this destination Killington by Rhondaj
Killington Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 32 photos
Killington is all about skiing and boarding. The town used to be called Sherburne, but officially changed its name in 1999, to Killington. It is the largest and longest running season ski area in the Northeast of the US.
We made our first trip up in the winter of 2006. We were going only for the weekend, Friday through Sunday. However, a blizzard blew in, and we were forced to spend another night, and spend the next day skiing on fresh powder. If you're going to be snowed in, what better place than at a ski resort?!!
The downside was the temperatures. It was unusually cold. Our first morning the base temperature at the Snowshed mountain was -17 degrees!!
It warmed up to 5 degrees during the day. It was so cold, my camera froze every time we went to the top of the mountains. I was unable to take any high altitude pictures! boo-hoo
Once in a while I took out the batteries, rubbed them warm and got a few photos. Taking off gloves was unbearable tho' ,so I didn't do it too often.
Runs turn into runs, leading into other runs. It's all a big, fun maze. Mapping out our plan of action, and following... more travel advice
Our hotel was right on the main drag-Killington Rd. We mostly skied during our stay, but ventured out on the road a few... more travel advice
Rhondaj's Related Pages
Killington Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Killington:Happyness found in simplicity"
- "SKI, SKI, AND SKI SOME MORE"
- "My first Ski Trip"
- "Killington, Vermont"
- "sjvessey's new Killington Page"
- "valle's new Killington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Killington
- Hotels in Killington
- Transportation in Killington
- Restaurants in Killington
- Warnings and Dangers in Killington
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Killington
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Killington?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Killington
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vitoria Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Zürich Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Sommersdorf Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Himrod Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (26)
Latest Killington hotel reviews
- Mountain Green Resort
- 87 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Killington Resort-Trail Creek Condominiums
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 19, 2013
- Killington Grand Resort Hotel
- 215 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013
- Cortina Inn & Resort
- 70 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Highridge Condominiums
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 22, 2013
- Inn of the Six Mountains
- 225 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Mountain Meadows Lodge
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Mountain Inn Killington
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2013
- Val Roc Motel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2013