"SKI, SKI, AND SKI SOME MORE" Top 5 Page for this destination Killington by Rhondaj

Killington Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 32 photos

Located in the Heart of Vermont

Killington is all about skiing and boarding. The town used to be called Sherburne, but officially changed its name in 1999, to Killington. It is the largest and longest running season ski area in the Northeast of the US.

We made our first trip up in the winter of 2006. We were going only for the weekend, Friday through Sunday. However, a blizzard blew in, and we were forced to spend another night, and spend the next day skiing on fresh powder. If you're going to be snowed in, what better place than at a ski resort?!!

The downside was the temperatures. It was unusually cold. Our first morning the base temperature at the Snowshed mountain was -17 degrees!!
It warmed up to 5 degrees during the day. It was so cold, my camera froze every time we went to the top of the mountains. I was unable to take any high altitude pictures! boo-hoo
Once in a while I took out the batteries, rubbed them warm and got a few photos. Taking off gloves was unbearable tho' ,so I didn't do it too often.

• Last visit to Killington: Feb 2009
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2009

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2007 at 3:11 AM

Oh...nothing is worse then wet, cold feet. Sounds like you had a blast anyway...under all those layers!!! Heading out there in August, hope not to have the same problem...

• lionreb's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2006 at 3:52 PM

That walk home from the restaurant sounds cool! Why no pics of your husband? I wanna see what he looks like too!

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2006 at 4:17 PM

I see skiing is a common theme of your pages!! You'd like my hometown then, 25 ski areas in less than 35 minutes. & I just bought a new pair of skis today :)

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2005 at 5:43 AM

We looked at skiing here one US trip, but settled on Taos Ski Valley in N.M., much warmer. That Bear Paw restaurant is my type of place. Ski Cafeteria food in the mtn equivalent to airline food!!! Yuk!!!

Rhondaj

“live well, laugh often, love much”

Badges & Stats in Killington

Have you been to Killington?

Latest Activity in Killington