"The best skiing Around--Not anymore" Tannersville by Rhondaj
Tannersville Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 10 photos
Well, I've gone from skiing, to snowboarding, to skiboarding.
Camelback rents Salomon ski blades. Salomon patented the "blade", so all other companies have to call theirs "ski boards".
Camelback has 33 trails and 13 lifts, making it the largest ski area in the Poconos.
February 2009- We have become disenchanted with Camelback. It is under new management and in our opinion, has taken a turn for the worse.
1. They closed down the big, open, convenient locker room. Changed it into a daycare and rental area. Now there are very few areas to change and store your street clothes. The areas available are very cramped and hard to find.
2. The middle of the mountain is being handed over to the snowboarders. Less mountain to ski on for skiers. And the snowboarders have to pay an extra fee to use that part of the mountain.
3. Speaking of fees, the top parking lot now charges a fee (I think $10). They call in 'premium' parking. Getting to the mountain early doesn't mean you'll get good parking anymore unless you feel like paying for it.
4. They closed down the Fireside Lounge. We used to eat there for the cozy atmosphere and table service.
Season: Late December to Early March
Longest Trail: 1 mile
Summit Elevation: 2, 100 feet
Veritical drop: 800 feet
Lifts: 13, including 2 high speed quads
- Pros:Most ski trails in the Poconos
- Cons:Gets very crowded
- In a nutshell:Put up with the crowds and enjoy the trails
As you near the top of mountain while riding the quad Stevenson Lift, look out to the trees to your left, and you will... more travel advice
A large, long, red barn, with over a hundred different sellers. So many stalls, your eyes go dizzy after a while. Not a... more travel advice
Rhondaj's Related Pages
Tannersville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The best skiing Around--Not anymore"
- "sayville's new Tannersville Page"
- "Spain to Morroco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tannersville
- Shopping in Tannersville
- Warnings and Dangers in Tannersville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tannersville
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Tannersville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tannersville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vitoria Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Zürich Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Sommersdorf Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Himrod Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue