Pennsville Restaurant Tips by Rhondaj
Pennsville Restaurants: 3 reviews and 3 photos
This place has been here since my time began. As a kid, going to the custard stand was one of summer's highlights. If neighborhood kids got wind of your impending visit, they all became your 'best friend', hoping for an invite. My sister worked here as a teenager--Bliss! Now I take my kids here. Will they do the same some day??!
Favorite Dish: black and white custard on a regular cone please
Address: On main drag through Pennsville, Rt. 49 (Broadway)
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$10
Theme: Ice Cream
There is a Cracker Barrel right off the Turnpike and 95. But it is generally very crowded because its the first place travellers see. Just another mile down the road is Pier 13. Food is better, service quicker, prices about the same.
When I was a little girl, this place used to be called the G&L Diner, which we affectionately referred to as Garbage and Leftovers.
Favorite Dish: Typical fare-the ribs are very good.
Address: Rt. 49 (Broadway)
Comparison: about average
Directions: right next to Pennsville Shopping Center
Price: less than US$10
If I meet someone who is not from Pennsville, but has heard of the place, it's usually because they've eaten here, at the Riverview Inn.
Prices are high by Pennsville standards, but the restaurant is considered to be very nice.
Favorite Dish: We like to eat outside to enjoy the view of the Delaware River. (although some inside tables also have good views.) You can sit by the river or up on the deck. The atmosphere is much more informal here compared to inside. We like to relax with some beers and a bunch of appetizers. Especially the steamed shrimp. Sometimes there is a band to play music.
Address: At the end of Main St.
Comparison: most expensive
Directions: Off of Rt. 49 (Broadway). Turn off at the yellow blinking light. (There's a sign.)
More Reviews (13)
- From the Local Farm
- See All No Worries
- See All Fun for your dogs
- Local Character
Rhondaj's Related Pages
Pennsville Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Pennsville
- Nightlife in Pennsville
- Restaurants in Pennsville
- Shopping in Pennsville
- Warnings and Dangers in Pennsville
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Pennsville
- 16 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Pennsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pennsville
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Goar Intro, 29 reviews, 90 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 74 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kandersteg Intro, 34 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 21 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vitoria Intro, 25 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 31 photos
- Zürich Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ocean City Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos
- Sommersdorf Intro, 5 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Himrod Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 1 travelogue